holley avenger vs terminator efi systems
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 2nd, 2013, 03:31 AM   #1
Enthusiast

91 notch
11.96@112.7

rhino0487 is on a distinguished road

holley avenger vs terminator efi systems

I am about to ditch my carb for one of these self tuning (yet tunable) efi systems this winter and was wanting to know if anybody has had an experience with one and if they are as awesome as they say. Though I want the terminator is it really worth the money over the avenger? I have herd that the avenger style systems don't have the most accurate distribution of fuel to all the cylinders but I don't really see how the terminator would be much better and be worth it money wise for my goals. however it does look really cool lol.

This is by no means a race car and is my daily driver (for now) and my main goal is to have a mid to high 11 second car that is completely streetable since it will be drivin and raced often. later in the future it may see a very mild 5-6 lbs of boost if the efi system can meter forced induction or a stroker kit if not. either way it will never see faster than 11.50's for the simple fact that I am not wanting to put a cage in it or pay for other parts that would be breaking like axles or my DD shaft in my tranny. they could break either way but you get what Im saying.

P.S. NXcoupe, I know you sell these kits and you have already recommended them over the FAST systems to me. I will be contacting you for pricing and other info once we get closer to Christmas/new years, luckly I don't have a kid so it shouldn't set my deadline back any lol

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

O and gas milage improvements if anybody has some also. I think I should see decent gains since mine runs pretty rich
91notch DD/3000 lbs W/me & full int/ TeamZ C-arms,4 cyl springs,X-mac/dumps,built AOD,silverfox VB, BTE 4000 stall,4.56's ,306,TFS 170's,tfs1 cam,1.72 rr, RPM air-gap,terminator EFI,12 gal cell,strange adj. 295/50/16 M/T radial II's
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:23 AM   #2
Sheriff Metal Face

1990 Notch 5.0

Chris951 is a jewel in the roughChris951 is a jewel in the roughChris951 is a jewel in the roughChris951 is a jewel in the rough

FAST or megasquirt dude. I have a buddy that has a fast efi system on a 347 that spins 8k rpms. It's a beast and the fast system looks pretty straight forward going from a carb

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.