Modded Mustang Forums banner

Intake Manifold

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  1slo5.0 
#1 ·
I want to add an intake manifold on my 90 GT. I am leaning towards the Ford Racing Cobra intake. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
Depending on what you do I'd say if you go with Trick Flow go with street heat.

#6 ·
I was gonna get the bbk ssi but when I ordered it through summit it was on back order, waited 4 months to long and went with the trick flow street heat.

#10 ·
Vamp89 said:
I was gonna get the bbk ssi but when I ordered it through summit it was on back order, waited 4 months to long and went with the trick flow street heat.
The new BBK intake is junk. The design is poor and doesn't promote equal flow to the runners.

#11 ·
the stock intake will out flow the stock heads, even on the worst #1 and #5 runners 151, 157 cfm vs. the stock head flow of a whole 128 cfm.
Do your self a favor and save up for some heads first. You'll get a better result and then when you get an intake youll really see a diffrence.

#12 ·
JBIGBOOTSY said:
the stock intake will out flow the stock heads, even on the worst #1 and #5 runners 151, 157 cfm vs. the stock head flow of a whole 128 cfm.
Do your self a favor and save up for some heads first. You'll get a better result and then when you get an intake youll really see a diffrence.
Bingo!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.