Stock Vaccum Line Locations
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #1
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2004 Redfire GT
14.23@100.83

Speedstang302 will become famous soon enoughSpeedstang302 will become famous soon enough

Stock Vaccum Line Locations

Ok well i removed my GT40 top end and i still have a very small clue to where all the lines connect to there ports...all the vaccum lines attached to intake? and any other..a good diagram would help alot..thanks
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

TENGRAM is on a distinguished road

Old October 30th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #3
Regular

Rustbelt is on a distinguished road

crap. i guessed right on most of them. i just got the thing put back together too.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #4

2004 Redfire GT
14.23@100.83

Speedstang302 will become famous soon enoughSpeedstang302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TENGRAM
mine isnt set up like that under neath!! the FPR one is ABOVE the one that goes to the tree. and the pcv valve one doesnt have that hoe on the back...also what is the canister that the far right one goes to? A/C?
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

just make sure you find a port for the pcv and FPR, it doesn't matter where as long as they get vacuum. the "canister" vacuum line connects the the Canister Purge (CanP) solenoid and then a vacuum line connects from the CanP to the Charcoal Canister.
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #6

2004 Redfire GT
14.23@100.83

just make sure you find a port for the pcv and FPR, it doesn't matter where as long as they get vacuum. the "canister" vacuum line connects the the Canister Purge (CanP) solenoid and then a vacuum line connects from the CanP to the Charcoal Canister.
well the one on drivers side rear (pcv) i had just plugged, what and where that go to? and the canisters, where are they, cuz i have no a/c stuff...
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #7

2004 Redfire GT
14.23@100.83

well the one on drivers side rear (pcv) i had just plugged, what and where that go to? and the canisters, where are they, cuz i have no a/c stuff...
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

the PCV valve that sits in a hole in the rear of your lower manifold needs a vacuum hose attached so that it can vent crankcase fumes.

the charcoal canister is only to vent the fuel tank without releasing vapors to the atmosphere. it should run fine without it as long as the tank still has a vent line attached. the Charcoal canister is a big black square box that normally gets attached to the inside of your passenger side front frame rail, visible from the engine compartment. the CanP solenoid is actuated by the ECM during specific driving situations to allow vacuum from the intake to help draw vapors into the char canister.
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #9
Regular

i have my pic i think i got them. what does #1 go to? i have i plugged. #2 was to the canister. is #3 to the egr?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gt40upper11_161.jpg (389.7 KB, 32 views)
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rustbelt
i have my pic i think i got them. what does #1 go to? i have i plugged. #2 was to the canister. is #3 to the egr?
on my explorer manifold i capped #1. #3 can be used for the EGR Vacuum Regulator solenoid (not directly to the EGR valve) that is located towards the top of the back of your passenger side strut tower. you will also need to find a source for the vacuum line that attaches to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. i don't have EGR so i just used #3 on your diagram for the FPR.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:13 AM   #11
Regular

i'll have to do some mods...... i haven't fixed the timing and idle yet, so it has been hard to spot all the screw ups. thanks tengram, this helped a lot
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:34 AM   #12
Regular

i'm not using the smog pump would one of those vac lines work for the fps?
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:43 AM   #13

2004 Redfire GT
14.23@100.83

the PCV valve that sits in a hole in the rear of your lower manifold needs a vacuum hose attached so that it can vent crankcase fumes.

the charcoal canister is only to vent the fuel tank without releasing vapors to the atmosphere. it should run fine without it as long as the tank still has a vent line attached. the Charcoal canister is a big black square box that normally gets attached to the inside of your passenger side front frame rail, visible from the engine compartment. the CanP solenoid is actuated by the ECM during specific driving situations to allow vacuum from the intake to help draw vapors into the char canister.
OK..well i know the black box on pass. side you're talk bout..there is a long black hose that is connected to it..

and i plugged the pcv port, good idea? prob not!!!
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:57 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Speedstang302

OK..well i know the black box on pass. side you're talk bout..there is a long black hose that is connected to it..

and i plugged the pcv port, good idea? prob not!!!
unless you have 2 breathers and no tube between the oil fill tube and the TB, you need the pcv to vent the crankcase. the pcv valve and screen are relatively cheap and available at most autoparts stores. or if you have one already just hook a vacuum hose up to it. my2cents anyway
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:59 PM   #15

1987 ford mustang gt
well see when shes done

Iownastang will become famous soon enough

mine is actually round
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:08 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jordan

mine is actually round
on a fox body? are you sure you're not thinking of the vacuum reservoir, which is a black sphere?
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:23 PM   #17

1987 ford mustang gt
well see when shes done

Iownastang will become famous soon enough

nevermind i just skimmed through the sentences,thanks fir catching me on that one it dont happen to me often
Old November 1st, 2007, 12:00 AM   #18
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jordan
nevermind i just skimmed through the sentences,thanks fir catching me on that one it dont happen to me often
no problem, BTDT. on a few occasions i have posted a page worth of advice only to find out later that the original poster was talking about a new edge stang and not a foxbody
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM   #19
Regular

tengram, i have an empty port on my vac tree could the fuel press reg be attached to that? what about a line from the smog pump?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM   #20
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rustbelt
tengram, i have an empty port on my vac tree could the fuel press reg be attached to that? what about a line from the smog pump?
the smog pump (valve) vacuum lines are actuated by the smog solenoids...sometimes on sometimes off, so they would be a very poor choice for using for the fuel pressure regulator. the empty port on the vacuum tree should work ok, or you could just tee into another vacuum line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Stock Vaccum Line Locations
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sry to post another topic. question about vaccum? tehdwarvenn 5.0 Mustangs 6 November 4th, 2007 06:40 PM
Vaccum Problems Speedstang302 5.0 Mustangs 2 August 25th, 2007 09:27 PM
Motor Mount Locations GTpwrdCapri Modular Mustangs 4 March 2nd, 2007 08:59 AM
O2 Sensor Locations? Blue98GT Modular Mustangs 7 January 10th, 2007 07:05 PM
O2 Sensor Locations green machine V6 Mustangs 4 March 16th, 2006 10:40 PM