Modded Mustang Forums banner

should my car be stalling/surging on cold start with a cam?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WhiTeFoX5point0 
#1 ·
i have a 90 gt and i have the ford E303 cam in it...this was like it when i bought it ...rest of the moter is stock except for bolt ons......this has done this ever since i bought the car...when i first start the car up when the block is completely cold ..it will stall or surge depends on weather ...it doesnt always stall its just a back and forth of the to all the time ....and im not real good with knowing wether it shouldnt be doing this cause its fuel injected or not i dont think it should its not a carbed car so it shouldnt be doing it the computer should be able to compensate for it .......also once the car is warmed up by me keeping my foot on the gas so it doesnt stall or surge like crazy on me .....it will idle great ..right at 800-900 rpm but then all of a sudden like after a good 4 -5 min if im sitting at a light or something the idle drops down to like 600-700 rpm .....im just curious to see if this is all normal even tho its fuel injected or if there def is a prob...and if so let me know what ya guys think cause ive tried everyhting in the book......

#3 ·
if i just cleaned it ...can it still be bad or cleaning it would fix it and now this means its something else..cause i also get the check engine light on sometimes but when i scanned it ...it was all codes that didnt make any sense to why its doing what its doing ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.