Modded Mustang Forums banner

AC Delete and Smog Pump Delete

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  TENGRAM 
#1 ·
Hey Will taking this crap off give me the little boost I am looking for. My ac doesn't work right now so why not remove it. The smog pump well it's a smog pump screw that I will remove it. Qestion is who much better will my ar run??
It is all stock except for a CAI.

#2 ·
It will not give you much if any power, but if you remove all the EGR and smog stuff along with all the AC stuff it will take over 100 lbs off the car and improve your 1/4 mile by a tenth or two.

#5 ·
Actually a functioning EGR system improves efficiency and mpg, while reducing pollution. The only reason to get rid of it, is if you want to reduce weight.

#6 ·
Actually a functioning EGR system improves efficiency and mpg, while reducing pollution. The only reason to get rid of it, is if you want to reduce weight.

+1
and If you do get rid of it,you should have the EGR function turned off in the pcm. That would be the correct way to do it.

#7 ·
Or get a EGR eliminator that mimics the signal of the EGR and remove the EGR valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.