Modded Mustang Forums banner

So it begins 91 LX build thread

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  raoulazhaan 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've started a new build I'm starting with the suspension this time around, it's a white 91 LX 5.0

I need some opinions on wheel, I was thinking 03 cobra wheels any recommendations? I'd like to go with 17x9 in front and 17x10.5 rear if I can get them to fit.

The list of mods are listed below...

Tremec 3550
Lakewood blowproof bell housing
McLeod street pro clutch
McLeod lightened steel flywheel
MM clutch cable kit
Steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster
MGW shirt shifter
MM K-member
MM reverse offset front control arms
03 Cobra steering rack
MM strut tower brace
MM full length subframe connectors
MM hybrid steering shaft
MM panhard bar
MM torque arm
MM rear control arms
MM coil over kit front & rear
2003 cobra brakes front/rear
MM Stainless Hard Line & 3-hose kit, 1986-93, SN95 calipers, rear
MM front SS brake lines
SN95 ebrake handle
98-04 spindles/hubs
Moser 28 spline fox length axels
Converting to hydroboost brakes

Dart 427 from ford strokers
Super vic intake
Accufab 4150 throttle body

See less See more
#2 ·
Little update... Not the best pics but

The rear end suspension is pretty much done. Had them
Do 3.73 gears while they did the Axels with new bearings. Rear cobra brake also done. I'll get pics of the front end suspension on Tuesday.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I picked up Mac flow path mufflers, flowmaster 2.5" tailpipes, 18" SVE series 3 wheels. Had to switch to reverse offset front control arms for the 18" wheels to clear.... I'm Still waiting for the hydroboost system to arrive.

#5 ·
I picked up a motor..

Here are specs.. Help me choose an intake!! Please. Car will be street and road course driven.

Precision Machined 351W Block
Scat Forged 4340 4.100 Inch stroke
Mahle Forged H Beam Rods
SRP Flat top power forged pistons
Perfect circle Chrome moly rings
Cloyes Double Rolling Timing chain
FTI Custom Solid roller cam
Lunati link bar lifters
AFR 225CC heads
PSI Valve springs good for .700 lift
Comp cams Ultra Pro magnum roller rockers
Assault Valve Girdle
Ford Racing Swap Pan
High Volume Melling Oil pump
MSD Billet aluminum Electronic Distributor

#9 · (Edited)
So I changed things up and ford strokers is building me a Dart 427. I'm having them port match a super victor efi. I'm kinda stuck, not sure what to do about intake. So many options! 90 elbow with throttle body? 4150 throttle body or something like a Holley terminator efi. Anyone have any knowledge on these self tuning systems?

Thanks for the help

#10 ·
Not a specific answer to your question, but in general the self tuning EFI systems have their own stand alone box that holds the "tune", and seem to run pretty well from what I have seen. As far as street driveability goes, they make it really easy, as a tune can easily tune for WOT/racing applications but street scenarios are a lot more challenging to keep controlled.

#11 ·
Thanks for responding I picked up the Holley HP hopefully I won't have any drivability issues.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I never posted pics of the new wheels I went with so here you go

#12 ·
Slow process, my coyote swap with whipple new edge is taking priority but we got the motor pulled on the foxbody. Damn it's dirty in here... the Scott fab panels are not installed yet just sitting in there.

#13 ·
Nice! I'm a holley efi tuner. You picked the right stand alone. They are fantastic. You will need to find someone to get a tune from, but once its dialed in, it will adapt as you drive. I would run the elbow and an 80mm tb on it. 6066 makes a really nice elbow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.