Modded Mustang Forums banner

91 5.0 is struggling

746 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  FOUSH 
#1 ·
91 5.0 5spd this issue started a few weeks ago. Driving normally I noticed the car was struggling to get up to and past 2500-3k RPMs in any gear. I thought it was my clutch but it's not a clutch issue. It's completely random! When I start the car and start driving and notice the problem I turn the car off then back on and the problem is gone. Where do I start looking/replacing?

#2 ·
I would use a jumper wire & the check engine light & run a koeo koer tests to see if any codes are present.If codes aren't present,I would check the TPS & TFI module.I had a TFI module go out 1 time and the engine would basically cut out between 3000-4500rpm,but would run fine below & above those rpm levels.You can use the link below to test the module or carry it to Autozone & let them test it.
The testing link for the TPS is also listed below.Make sure its voltage signal increases gradually without any voltage spikes or dead spots.If spikes or dead spots are present,the TPS is bad.
Clean the MAF sensor too.
SBFTech.com TFI Module/Hall Sensor Testing Procedure

TPS Codes 23/53/63 Troubleshooting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.