Modded Mustang Forums banner

Anyone know someone in the south NJ area that can do rears

756 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  kendawg73 
#1 ·
Thought I would through this out here you never know.... I'm looking for someone in the south NJ area that can do a 3.73 gear install in my stock rear... I have the rear out of the car already... I bought the Ford racing gear, and the ford racing bearing kit (w/axle bearings) and a new pinion flang, and the upgrade Carbon discs.. Looking for someone that has the right equipment and knows what there doing....

#5 ·
It looks like I'm taking it to a place called Wicked motor sports in brick... it's about a 2 hour drive... (so will spend about 8 hours driving... dropping off and picking up) read great reviews of the place... searching interwebs, I called yesterday and talked to owner... felt really good about it.... he asked if the kit had the upgraded shelby bearing (which it does, the Ford racing kit) and it also said he makes sure it's right... says alot of people only do it 2 times when you checking that shim under the bearing... since you have to press it on and off everytime... ect and can damage bearing.... he said he uses a set he machined so it fits on with out pressing on/off so he can keep testing/check to get it right, so he only has to press the bearing on once... I like that.. great idea...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.