Modded Mustang Forums banner

egr spacer with bigger throttle body

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  1slo5.0 
#1 ·
hey guys.

I've got a 70mm bbk throttle body i want to install on my 89 gt. it seems as though the EGR spacer is only 60mm or so. should i bore it out? i've got access to a hone that will work. i was also gonna plug up the coolant lines running to the spacer. is this a good idea?

#3 ·
hmmmm... i was told 70mm would be ok on stock. should i wait till i get an intake or cam? is it seriously gonna be that bad on a stock motor? what if i were to put that and an explorer intake on? would that be any better??

#7 ·
A bigger throttle body on a stock 5 liter is a waste of money and will do more harm than good. As far as boring the spacer, I'm not sure if you can or not without running into problems. I don't know if all of them are cast the same or if there are changes in the casting to accomadate the bigger bore. If it was me I would buy the correct spacer or eliminator plate instead of trying to rig something up. Do not plug the coolant lines if you are using an EGR plate. The coolant lines are there to cool off the EGR plate, why would you want to remove them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.