94 mustang gt oil on spark plugs
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #1

gtstangrunner is on a distinguished road

94 mustang gt oil on spark plugs

Hey everyone the car has new heads, cam, upper and lower intake and all other common bolt ons. The car only starts when I hold the pedal down and there is alot of oil in the intake and on all the plugs. Did a compression test and got #1=165, #2=170, #3=155, #4=165, #5=165, #6=155, #7=155, #8=155. I have an blaster coil and ingnition box. The car will smoke bad when i get on the throttle and it lacks power . It idles terrible also once it starts. I have replaced all sensors(TPS, IAC etc...). Not sure if the piston oil rings are done and compression rings are still good or what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #2

Anybody have any ideas???????????????????????
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #3
Enthusiast

1994 Ford Mustang GT

Lind is on a distinguished road

have you tried chaning your spark plugs, your compression sounds fine and how many miles are on the car
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #4

No, I will try new plugs today. Also after looking around on this site, I think my PCV line is to big and I have it all hooked up in the wrong order which may be pulling oil in. I'm thinking the PCV is the culprit because otherwise all 8 of my oil control rings failed at once. I am going to hook the lines up right and get new plugs and see what happens. Oh, will the car start if I put the cam in wrong????? It starts and idles fine but its hard to start it, so I was thinking the excess oil+fuel was throwing off the AF ratio bad.
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #5

Car has about 150,000 on it. Everything is new on it except the pistons and block. Even has a brand new C4 tranny
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

WildWill is on a distinguished road

if you put the cam in wrong, no it will not likely start because your timing would be wayyyy to far off. the oil on your spark plugs would be the reason why its hard to start.
GT40p heads, 1.7 crane RR's, GT40 u/l, MAC LTs, MAC o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster 40s, 65mm t/b, '03 Cobra Bilstein Struts, Tokico Bullitt Shocks, MM c/c plates, Eibach Sportlines, B&M shifter, 255lph f/p, RAM p/g clutch, Fidanza alum fly, rebuilt t-5
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #7

Ok, so I got new plugs and ran the vacuum lines the way they were originally(Found a good diagram) and the car started right away with no issues. Idled for a while then shut it down. Went to re-start and it just cranked, pulled my top line on the upper intake and it poured a bunch of oil out of it. What would cause the excessive crankcase pressure that's causing oil to be pushed in the intake? Car has no cats, but the mufflers are original equipment. Could they be clogged causing excess back pressure? I appreciate you all giving me ideas, Thanks.
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #8
Enthusiast

2000 mustang GT

95BlackStang will become famous soon enough

maybe bad valve guides...

00 GT with the heart of a green machine!
99 Electric Green GT R.I.P.
95 GT vert....my first love sold!

Originally Posted by BaznastyDave View Post
99-01 Cobra bumper with Mach spoiler and make all the girls panties wet.
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM   #9

I guess that is possible. The heads were bought new less than a year ago from World Products. Very very low miles on them. They are the windsor jr heads. Oh my vacuum guage is only going to like 10 when the car is idling???????
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #10
Resident Headbanger

2006 Mustang GT
12.8 @ 108

Bullitt95 will become famous soon enoughBullitt95 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bullitt95

Sounds like there's either something wrong with your PCV line, or the vacuum line from the passenger side valve cover oil filler neck to the intake pipe is blocked.
The compression numbers are good so there's nothing wrong with the piston rings. I don't think the valve guides in new heads will be worn either.
Check the crankcase ventilation system. I'm sure that's where you'll find the problem.

2006 GT - 5MT - 305rwhp 317rwtq
JLT 3 CAI, DIY CMDPs, Steeda UDPs, 91 tune, 6500rpm limiter
BMR rear LCAs & relo. brackets, Extended front undertray, 2010 belly pan
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #11

Well I am going to try to change the screen in the bottom of the PCV in the lower intake and put a air/oil separator in and see if clears things up. THen I will see how fast the separator fills up.
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #12

Ok, cleaned out the wire mesh screen under grommet for PCV, installed an air oil separator and no more smoking and so far no oil in the intake. The separator seems to still be empty also so maybe the screen was clogged causing excess crankcase pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 94 mustang gt oil on spark plugs
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil on the spark plugs? 1997Stang 4V / SVT 17 May 6th, 2009 02:21 PM
Oil on spark plugs jim.munoz V6 Mustangs 7 March 29th, 2009 03:37 PM
Spark plugs,antifreeze, oil and power steering fluid questions for the guys who know CODEBLUE 99 - 04 5 February 25th, 2008 05:12 PM
Where can I find the spark plugs to replace them on My 2001 Mustang GT? bzeboymenz 99 - 04 4 December 21st, 2007 11:56 PM
Location Of 2000 GT Mustang Spark Plugs? manny122 99 - 04 12 December 21st, 2007 07:05 PM