Help with 1994 Mustang Cats / H-Pipe
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1
Regular

Rush is on a distinguished road

Help with 1994 Mustang Cats / H-Pipe

I went from being very proud to feeling like a complete idiot today. I bought my SN95 and worked my ass off on it. The previous owner told me that in North Carolina, emissions testing is not done on 1995 vehicles and older. I read online about it and found out the same thing. No problem!

Here's what nobody told me:

I took my car to get it inspected today and 5 minutes later it is sitting back in the same spot. The guy came out laughing and said " Dude, you have no cats on the car at all!" I told him that 1995 and older does not need emission testing. He told me that I'm right, but the car must have cats on it, and all I have is an H-Pipe.

He said that all he needs is to see some cats on there and it will pass inspection.

Is there any thing that I can do as cheap as possible? Can I buy some sort of fake wrap around cats, or do I need to end up buying a high flow cat and H-pipe?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #2

1994 Mustang Gt Convert.

1994 gt convert is on a distinguished road

Id look around and find a use factory mid pipe put in get inspected and swap them back out.
Ted
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Regular

Rush is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

Is this standard for a 1994 Gt? - 2.5 in. inlet; 2.5 in. outlet for pipe.

Instead of welding, can you use clamps to hold it together?

Here is one that I can add into my existing H-Pipe. I can gut it according to the inspection shop. All that they need is to see it there, since it is a 1994. They don't actually test it out.

UNIVERSAL CATALYTIC CONVERTERS - CarParts Quality Discount Parts and Accessories
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

1994 Mustang GT
14.582@92.58MPH

Mustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mustang Boy Send a message via MSN to Mustang Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang Boy
Cool

my plan has always been to get a stock set or some cheap ones and gut them then cut them in half and weld them over my existing pipe so that it looks like there is a cat there but its just a pipe going straight through it

that is if they ever bring a visual inspection to FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Help with 1994 Mustang Cats / H-Pipe
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
x pipe... cats, no cats, etc A5295 5.0 Mustangs 7 January 18th, 2009 01:49 PM
X pipe with no cats Seabee 99 - 04 13 June 11th, 2008 11:10 PM
H - Pipe Or X - Pipe With Cats? Which Brand For Price? dave07GT 2005 - 2010 13 December 11th, 2007 11:59 AM