Smog/AC Delete Questions
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Regular

1995 GT Convertible 5.0

lakefrontlivin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to lakefrontlivin

Smog/AC Delete Questions

HI,
Looking to delete the smog sh*t on my 95 GT along with the AC unit. My car doesn't need to pass emissions in my state. What parts can be removed without having running issues? I have underdrive pullies and will need a much shorter belt when bypassing the Smog and AC.. Any suggestions on belt size ? Also looking into buying a set of FRPP P headers for this car as I have installed GT40P heads.. Will the header tubes bolt up in the same location as my existing exhaust or will I have to have it made up custom ??? Can I eliminate the emissions tube and EGR setup or will it be used on the FRPP headers ??
Thanx, tom

Last edited by lakefrontlivin; June 16th, 2010 at 07:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Dino Dino Bambino

2006 Mustang GT
12.8 @ 108

Bullitt95 will become famous soon enoughBullitt95 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bullitt95

Just get rid of the smog pump with associated piping/valves and plug off the vacuum lines. You can do the same with the EGR valve and pipe to header but you'll need an EGR eliminator simulator to prevent the "Check Engine" light from coming on. Belt size will probably be about 80" but it's only by trial and error where you'll find the exact size.
You could go for long tubes (more power) instead of shorty headers, and fabricate a threaded nut to plug off the passenger side header EGR bung.

2006 GT - 5MT - 305rwhp 317rwtq
1995 GT - 4AT - Modded - SOLD
1995 GT - 4AT - Project - SOLD
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

95stroker is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bullitt95 View Post
Just get rid of the smog pump with associated piping/valves and plug off the vacuum lines. You can do the same with the EGR valve and pipe to header but you'll need an EGR eliminator simulator to prevent the "Check Engine" light from coming on. Belt size will probably be about 80" but it's only by trial and error where you'll find the exact size.
You could go for long tubes (more power) instead of shorty headers, and fabricate a threaded nut to plug off the passenger side header EGR bung.
Everything that he just said.

I don't have underdrives, and mine took an 82.7" belt, so like Bullitt said yours will be trial by error. You could also try the string measuring method too. I didn't block off my EGR, as my long tubes have an EGR bung.

You will also need to plug the holes in the back of the heads.
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #4

mustangbrad94gt is on a distinguished road

9/16 bolt by 1/2 or 3/4 long is what I used to plug back of heads when I ran e-7's, was not exact thread match, but screwed in easy and never leaked
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #5

anfojo is on a distinguished road

If you've taken the car apart already, the damage is done. I'm no tree hugger, but
the air pump mearly pumps cold air onto unburnt hydrocarbons (gasoline) and burns them. This reduces air pollution. The power loss caused by the air pump is negligable at any RPM. You would get more power from your engine by deleting the power steering pump. This is not a very popular option. Anyway, if your hell bent on your project,
try Gates belt # K060795 (6PK2020) or Goodyear belt # 4060795. Good luck...anfojo
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #6
Regular

1995 GT Convertible 5.0

lakefrontlivin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to lakefrontlivin

My new headers don't have the provision for the Emissions on them.. My heads are the GT40P's and they don't have the holes in the back of the heads either.. Sorry about the emissons
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Smog/AC Delete Questions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
smog delete Chris951 5.0 Mustangs 27 November 2nd, 2009 06:00 AM
I'm doing a smog delete and have questions 95GTSTALLION 94-95 5 February 26th, 2009 01:36 PM
AC and Smog Delete Questions kpoirot 94-95 7 September 25th, 2008 02:48 AM
AC Delete and Smog Pump Delete triplethreatt77 5.0 Mustangs 14 December 24th, 2007 06:09 AM
Smog Delete? 95blackbeauty 94-95 8 December 20th, 2007 02:44 AM