1994 GT Injectors
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1

1994 Mustang GT

Svoluch is on a distinguished road

1994 GT Injectors

Hello guys, as you can see I'm new to this forum. But seems like I'll be a regular shortly, as I just bought my dream GT a month ago!!!

Ok so I have a few questions for you pros out there. What Injectors do you think I should get for my 1994 Mustang GT. This is what I've done to it currently:

BBK Flowmaster 40s
BBK H Pipe with high flow cats
BBK CAI
Bousch spark plugs and coils
BBK 70MM Throttle body
BBK 195 LPH Fuel Pump and new fuel filter

I'm going to order:
The 3-Piece Underdrive Pulley Kit from American Muscle and the SCT tuner chip for it right after I get my injectors(I heard you need to tune it right after).

I was considering:
Venom High Performance Fuel Injectors- 30lb at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

But I've read bad reviews about that make and just wanted to know your opinion and pretty much what's the difference between me getting the 24 lb or the 30 lb? Both say that the flow will increase by only 10%???

Oh and please please give me any and all advise you can on other cheap but self labored jobs that I can do by myself to increase the HP + the overall performance.

Also anyone heard about "profession products" intakes before?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/typhoo...695-satin.html

I just want to know if it's a reliable buy or not.

Last edited by Svoluch; October 1st, 2010 at 02:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Banned

AdderMk2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

There is currently no need for you to change your injectors OR install a chip in your car. the level of modification you are currently at, does not justify either.

once you change the heads, intake AND cam... then you should worry about injectors and a tune

and the bosch spark plugs... if they are platinums, pull them out throw them away, and chock this up to a mistake for experience. Install Autolite 25 spark plugs.

Yous cars ignition system will not run correctly with platinum plugs. They will foul, and cause a lack of performance.
[QUOTE=Timm10221]Its only a 10 inch Tach that sits right in the center of the dash with LED lights and a Spinner bezel that has dimonds and gold plating.. And when you hit 4500 plus is sounds off (AAHHH SHITT) :cool:[/QUOTE]
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:38 AM   #3

1994 Mustang GT

Svoluch is on a distinguished road

Well one thing I know for a fact a chip will release all the potential in a car. So any modifications I do minor or major, I'm going to need to chip and tune it. So I will have to disagree with you on this part. And I know others with much less upgrades and the chip did wonders for them.
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:39 AM   #4
Dino Dino Bambino

2006 Mustang GT
12.8 @ 108

Bullitt95 will become famous soon enoughBullitt95 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bullitt95

I don't know where you're getting this information from. Every car is different and some models respond to chip tuning better than others. The '94-'95 5.0 doesn't need chip tuning if it only has a few minor bolt-on mods, as in your case. You could just simply advance the ignition timing in 2 degree steps and when you hear the engine ping, back the timing off in 1 degree steps until it stops.
Don't waste your money on chip tuning until you've added more mods like heads/cam/intake and even then, you're better off buying a self-tuner such as the Moates Quaterhorse rather than a mail order canned tune.

2006 GT - 5MT - 305rwhp 317rwtq
1995 GT - 4AT - Modded - SOLD
1995 GT - 4AT - Project - SOLD
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Banned

AdderMk2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

Originally Posted by Svoluch View Post
Well one thing I know for a fact a chip will release all the potential in a car. So any modifications I do minor or major, I'm going to need to chip and tune it. So I will have to disagree with you on this part. And I know others with much less upgrades and the chip did wonders for them.
I dont know where you got the crazy idea to doubt me. I'm not some jackoff that randomly posts on the internet just for fun. I have been in the automotive industry for the last 11 years, and have been tuning for the last 7. So your assumption that I am wrong, is gravely incorrect.

If you want to get some more information on who exactly I am, go ask on mustangforums.com
[QUOTE=Timm10221]Its only a 10 inch Tach that sits right in the center of the dash with LED lights and a Spinner bezel that has dimonds and gold plating.. And when you hit 4500 plus is sounds off (AAHHH SHITT) :cool:[/QUOTE]
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Enthusiast

95project is on a distinguished road

Everyone is right bro, you dont need a tune nor do you need to change out your injectors at this point. I would spend the money on headers, sub frame connectors, rear end gear, or something else. You will see NO power increase by changing out your injectors, and as everyone said, a tune will not do you much good either. If you increase the timing a bit, i think you will see the results you are looking for.

Trust me..coming from someone with experience on the 94/95 computers, they are a pain in the ass and should keep the factory tune for as long as you can..

Lastly, AdderMK is one of the most, if not the most knowledgeable person on this forum as it relates to the 94/95. I would listen to whatever he says.
95 GT- AFR 185's, Comp CAM, Trick FLow TH upper and lower, 30lb injec, 76MM C&L kit, Full MSD, BBK Pulleys, 3:73, BBK Long Tubes, X Pipe, Magnaflow Cat back, Cobra front control arms, MM CC plates LCA's and Panhard bar, tuned by Adam @ Pops Racing.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:00 AM   #7
Dino Dino Bambino

2006 Mustang GT
12.8 @ 108

Bullitt95 will become famous soon enoughBullitt95 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bullitt95

Originally Posted by 95project View Post
Lastly, AdderMK is one of the most, if not the most knowledgeable person on this forum as it relates to the 94/95. I would listen to whatever he says.
x2
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #8
Regular

1995 Mustang Gt

95BlackGT5.0! is on a distinguished road

Just the presentation of AdderMK's car gives me the impression that he knows a little something...unless your just posting random pictures of Mustangs on your profile, which I highly doubt.
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #9
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1991 Ford Mustang GT

ryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of light

dont change your injectors you dont have enough modds (horse power). 30lb are to big any ways. If you have to change them and your dead set on doing it then go with 24lb. The funny thing is... That you came on here for advice but when you got some and it wasnt what you wanted to hear , you dismissed it..

DART 331ci stroker, AFR 185 heads,
Trick Flow R intake,
Accufab 70mm tb, 75mm pro m Maf, 30lb injectors,
jba headers, 2 1/2" x pipe
flowmaster super 10 mufflers,
255 fuel pump,
3:27 gears

Last edited by ryanw; October 15th, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Regular

Last of the 302's
Road Racing Rookie

hotmustang95 is on a distinguished road

19 pound injectors are good for 300HP. I still have mine and your setup isn't close to what's on mine. Listen to the guys on this. The day you'll need a tune is when you get a cam and heads. I have no tune on mine and the only thing stock on it is the cam and bottom end. The 5.0's can handle more mods and not need a tune compared to the newer cars that need one just for an intake upgrade.

Btw's it seems like you like BBK, I do to. So when you getting the SSI intake

Victor ( goofyfeet) Oliver
P.B.M.C. Member
Track Addict

Last edited by hotmustang95; October 17th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #11
MM Fanatic

95 Mustang GT
depends how many people are pushing

95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice

Looks like another young newbie bites the dust....Typical you kid that is just throwing parts at his car that are cheap and don't require much mechanical skill to change and listening to the catalog saying they will add 30 HP.....and listening to his ricer friends that put "chips" in their VTECH's and now they tree z06's at the red lights....at this point with your car the only chips you need is Ruffles.....betting he doesn't even return, he didn't like the advice he got so he will listen to the catalogs, and his ricer buds and his car will run like shit with new 30lb injectors, and then he may return and listen....

People should think about boarding up their glass house before starting a rock fight!
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #12

1995 Mustang GT

kbk626 is on a distinguished road

He was wrong, but you don't have to be rude about it. Not really the best way to help people out. It wasn't bad, until that last comment brought it up again. Lets chill a bit and not be so outwardly rude to each other. Hopefully he won't be scared off now. But, good luck with your car man, just listen to the advice given, they know their stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 1994 GT Injectors
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Gt help texasmustang12 5.0 Mustangs 18 May 21st, 2010 06:23 PM