Correct IAT sensor for 94 GT?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:27 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

1994 Mustang GT

94 5.0 is on a distinguished road

Correct IAT sensor for 94 GT?

Hi guys, first time i post anything here. been doing some homework on why i have an idle at 1500 sometimes, but sometimes not. looks like i need to reset the idle (saw a nice write up) and im also gonna check out the salt and pepper shaker pins. i just got my 94 GT convertible less than a week ago, and really wanna do some preventative maintenence on it. I was looking online and found IAT sensors ranging from $90 down to $25, but both look different and wanted to get some feedback on which one i should use or works best.

the top is $80, and the bottom one is only $25. any difference?

also wondering what our standard gap is for sparkplugs, mine are shot and dont wanna base it off one of those. its a stock 5.0 motor no mods, should i stick with standard copper plugs or go different?
Ford Racing Chrome Bullitt Wheels|Cloth Convertible top|BBK Intake and Underdrives|Pro 5.0 Shifter|Steeda Wires|CDC Light Bar|MM Coilover Kit & Adjustable Rear Control Arms|Cobra Brakes|H Piped Flowmasters|Saleen Tonneau|Sequential Tail Lights
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 5th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #2

1994 Mustang GT

sorry, wouldnt let me post a link since that was my very first post, here is the link to the IAT sensors i found with a huge price gap between them:

Race Pages - Mustang Iat Sensor - 1994 Mustang IAT Sensor
Ford Racing Chrome Bullitt Wheels|Cloth Convertible top|BBK Intake and Underdrives|Pro 5.0 Shifter|Steeda Wires|CDC Light Bar|MM Coilover Kit & Adjustable Rear Control Arms|Cobra Brakes|H Piped Flowmasters|Saleen Tonneau|Sequential Tail Lights
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Banned

AdderMk2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

Originally Posted by 94 5.0 View Post
Hi guys, first time i post anything here. been doing some homework on why i have an idle at 1500 sometimes, but sometimes not. looks like i need to reset the idle (saw a nice write up) and im also gonna check out the salt and pepper shaker pins. i just got my 94 GT convertible less than a week ago, and really wanna do some preventative maintenence on it. I was looking online and found IAT sensors ranging from $90 down to $25, but both look different and wanted to get some feedback on which one i should use or works best.

the top is $80, and the bottom one is only $25. any difference?

also wondering what our standard gap is for sparkplugs, mine are shot and dont wanna base it off one of those. its a stock 5.0 motor no mods, should i stick with standard copper plugs or go different?
#1. Your car doesnt have the "salt and pepper shakers"
#2. clean or replace your IAC
#3. check for vac leaks. The rubber hoses off the bottom of the upper intake manifold go bad, and its a common point of failure.
#4. Why are you replacing your IAT? Is your check engine light on? did it throw a code for it?
#5. Use Autolite 25 plugs, gapped at .048"-.052"
[QUOTE=Timm10221]Its only a 10 inch Tach that sits right in the center of the dash with LED lights and a Spinner bezel that has dimonds and gold plating.. And when you hit 4500 plus is sounds off (AAHHH SHITT) :cool:[/QUOTE]
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Better than Drugs!

96 Cobra, panty dropper
Slitherin @ the speed of smell

mayosailor27 has a spectacular aura aboutmayosailor27 has a spectacular aura about

yea man, check for codes? do you know how? jumper wire technique and count flashes dont waste money of one of those code readers for thirty bucks. here-- examne picture and run codes EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE A CEL. the computer still will store the code. For a billionth of a second you cel is on the computer will store it. here the pic

98 GT-traded
98 GT-parted
94 GT/Cobra-sold
95 Cobra Saleened-sold
97 Cobra-sold
99 GT-sold
97 Cobra-sold
95 Cobra- sold
97 Cobra-parts
96 Cobra-sold
96 Cobra- Project "Dead Pony"

MM Cobra member 969
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

Bubba95SN is on a distinguished road

Gee, Adder nailed it.
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #6

1994 Mustang GT

thanks guys for the response, i have no check engine lights and everything is running fine except i have a high idle at about 1500 when i push the clutch in and it does the same thing only sometimes when i start it, but not all the time. i planned on replacing the IAC regardless. thanks for the spark plug gap also. im gonna check on the codes tomorrow to see whats going on (if anything).

this car is sooo different, the car i just sold was a 2003 monte carlo ss. i went from a supercharged automatic 6, to a NA manual 8. adjustments (to me and the car) both need to be made haha. thanks for the help. anything else you guys recommend checking on as a standard rule of thumb? it has 133,500 on it. probably gonna switch to 3.73 gears soon.
Old February 7th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #7

1994 Mustang GT

another question, is the idler control valve a common failure point too for the symptom im having? how could i check that as well? Im building a checklist to go over for wednesday when im off work.

1. change plugs
2. check for vacuum leaks
3. ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/94-95/202863-correct-iat-sensor-94-gt.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread Correct IAT sensor for 94 GT? | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback January 12th, 2012 02:44 PM

Threads Similar to: Correct IAT sensor for 94 GT?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this correct? cowboyup351 5.0 Mustangs 2 April 26th, 2009 02:43 AM
Is this correct? whitefox89 5.0 Mustangs 16 December 22nd, 2007 09:20 PM
Is this correct???? ma67cpe 99 - 04 4 September 5th, 2007 03:06 PM
is this correct??? 83five0 5.0 Mustangs 0 November 27th, 2006 10:48 PM
The correct ECM cobraetti General Tech 1 August 2nd, 2006 06:00 PM