Pypes headers
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

jordon has a spectacular aura aboutjordon has a spectacular aura about

Pypes headers

I'm looking at switching out my current headers for something different and in better condition. Mine have several years of wear on them now and are showing it. Anyone have any experience with the shorty headers by Pypes? Any info in regard to installation, fitment, issues, likes, dislikes, performance would be greatly appreciated! Anyone have any opinions on the Pypes brand in general? Thanks

Aluminum heads, TF upper/lower, bbk tb
c&l intake w/Pro*M Racing MAF, shorty headers
24# injectors, off-road H, custom catback
H&R springs, 3.73's
short throw.....still slow.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

mustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nice

i have the pypes catback and i love the sound, but the guy who installed my catback said it was a bitch to get it to tuck under, but he got it
04 N/A Terminator swap,T56,O/R X pipe, Borla Stingers,Tubular front suspension,Coilovers,Koni Shocks/Struts,MM Subframe Connectors,Steeda front/rear sway bar,MGW short throw shifter,staggered Cobra wheels,Cobra front/rear bumpers,S281 Wing,300rwhp
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Regular

94 5.0 302 gt
in the making

tranram is on a distinguished road

yes sir these cars are VERY TIGHT LOL! thats how we like it. really thow make sure you see if that brand has problems with hitting the steering,shaft going to the rack, the ones i found,cheap,easy to put on and dont hit. was flowtech 120 bucks

performer heads 2.02 values,prw stainless roller rockers,hardend push rods,
trickflow upper,lower.lunati cam
24lb injectors,75mm tb,
shorty's 2.5 pipe,h pipe, into 1 chamber 40 series flowmasters, aode,410s
18inch GT500 wheels,saleen body kit
Old March 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by tranram View Post
yes sir these cars are VERY TIGHT LOL! thats how we like it. really thow make sure you see if that brand has problems with hitting the steering,shaft going to the rack, the ones i found,cheap,easy to put on and dont hit. was flowtech 120 bucks
Flowtech huh? I guess I've never looked into that brand. When you say easy to put on, what did that entail? I know headers are a bitch in general, but I'm mostly concerned about the rubbing issue and the fitment to my midpipe. I'm not going to go with BBK again, so they are out. I was just trying to keep everything from AmericanMuscle. Free shipping is huge!

H&R springs, 3.73's
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Regular

94 5.0 302 gt
in the making

it took me a hour and half, but i have 3 little boys swipn tools so they can be fast to,LOL, but its very easy .they are block hugers, thats the key for our bodystyle!
the only rubbing would be on the stering shaft like i said before,and there is still plinty of room to change the plugs thats HUGE.. hope it helps

24lb injectors,75mm tb,
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:30 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

yeah its helpful. Thanks. I'm finding them for about $180 though from Summitt to Jegs. How are they performance wise? I've read that they are prone to leaks and what not. Any issue with that for you?

H&R springs, 3.73's
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:11 AM   #7
MM Fanatic

89 GT

fogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura about

They are prone to leaks. They have slip joints that leak almost instantly and the flanges are too big on some heads and don't fit well. If you grind the flanges to fit and weld up the slip joints they're not a bad deal though. The collector is kinda crappy and could use some clean up too where the primaries are welded in, but a die grinder and a straight metal carbide tip can do that pretty well. Nice thing about them is that they have a 3" collector with a 3 bolt flange. I would buy them over any BBK junk anyday as long as you put a little time into them to fix them up a bit.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM   #8
Regular

94 5.0 302 gt
in the making

you are correct on the old stuff, but that was a hit and miss, there new line has a better fit to many heads, i have had mine on for over a year "stock 5.0" and keep them with the build,the only thing i did was had them glass bedded and hit them with high temp header paint.The trick is to order a second set of gaskets, or get the thick costly ones they offer. personaly i used the set that came with them and a same,second set at the same time NO PROBLEMS,FYI i also have them on my 2001 tahoe, and they are the old series never a issue over 3yrs old.

24lb injectors,75mm tb,
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:12 PM   #9
MM Fanatic

89 GT

fogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura about

Mine are from last summer. They're the summit headers, which are the same exact thing, both are made at the same place. I would grind the flanges down before I doubled up on gaskets or used a thick one. It's just the tops over each primary tube that hit on my TF heads, but it wasn't a big deal to to. Might also be different on the SN cars, but I'm sure you're still going to have to do some work to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Pypes headers
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pypes LT Headers AnotherS197GT 2005 - 2010 23 April 25th, 2011 01:07 PM
pypes v6 dual conversion with pypes headers terminator2366 2005 - 2010 V6 15 April 7th, 2011 05:20 PM
Pypes headers 2010_LS1H8R 2005 - 2010 17 August 11th, 2010 03:44 AM
Pypes LT Headers AllThrtl 99 - 04 16 April 2nd, 2010 02:09 PM
pypes headers SWEET2KSTANG Parts 28 February 24th, 2010 04:36 AM