new trickflow heads
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #1

94Beast is on a distinguished road

new trickflow heads

Just installed the new twisted wedge heads on my 94 gt,( no new cam or intake for budget reasons). Car is running extremely lean, so much so that my tuner told me it would be dangerous to take it to the track this weekend. But besides that the car is putting 235hp to the wheels. Pretty excited about the results considering he told me ill also probably gain about 30 hp once we get it tuned and running right. My next question is....once i have the money should i continue on with cam and intake without all the bolt ons?(ie TB, MAFS, headers, injectors and fuel pump) or would it be more beneficial to get the bolt ons and THEN the cam/intake? Thanks for the help!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Regular

1994 MUSTANG GT
15.15 @ 94.12

MANZO MUSTANG is on a distinguished road

I say figure out your cam intake combo and then add the supporting mods later.

1994 Ford Mustang GT, 306CHP(260rwhp)
Auto,MM Full Length SFC, otherwise stock suspension.
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #3
Regular

1992 Mustang GT
dont know yet

96paxtonstang is on a distinguished road

I would do the injectors and MAF so that you can at least enjoy what you have. Throwing more parts at it is only going to make your lean condition worse. No sense in adding more performance parts that you can't fully enjoy IMHO.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
3.73 gears
255lph fuel pump
Lucas 42# injectors
Trick Flow 75mm upper intake
Trick Flow 75mm throttle body
Diablo "MAFia"
Dyno tuned by Force Fed performance Sacramento Ca
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #4
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

TerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to behold

I say, do a track heat intake with injectors, bugger MAF and TB, and a tune.
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Dino Dino Bambino

2006 Mustang GT
12.8 @ 108

Bullitt95 will become famous soon enoughBullitt95 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bullitt95

Originally Posted by 94Beast View Post
Just installed the new twisted wedge heads on my 94 gt,( no new cam or intake for budget reasons). Car is running extremely lean, so much so that my tuner told me it would be dangerous to take it to the track this weekend. But besides that the car is putting 235hp to the wheels. Pretty excited about the results considering he told me ill also probably gain about 30 hp once we get it tuned and running right. My next question is....once i have the money should i continue on with cam and intake without all the bolt ons?(ie TB, MAFS, headers, injectors and fuel pump) or would it be more beneficial to get the bolt ons and THEN the cam/intake? Thanks for the help!
You should be getting a lot more than 235rwhp with TFS heads. Which intake are you using (I presume you have the stock cam)?
Any time you upgrade the heads/intake, you'll find that the stock fuel pump and injectors are inadequate so you really need to upgrade those items either before the heads/intake or at the same time.

2006 GT - 5MT - 305rwhp 317rwtq
1995 GT - 4AT - Modded - SOLD
1995 GT - 4AT - Project - SOLD
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

1994 Mustang GT
14.582@92.58MPH

Mustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura aboutMustang Boy has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mustang Boy Send a message via MSN to Mustang Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang Boy
Cool

Originally Posted by Bullitt95 View Post
You should be getting a lot more than 235rwhp with TFS heads. Which intake are you using (I presume you have the stock cam)?
Any time you upgrade the heads/intake, you'll find that the stock fuel pump and injectors are inadequate so you really need to upgrade those items either before the heads/intake or at the same time.

From what I understood from his post he is running stock intake and came with the TFS heads.

Black and White Crew
Crew Member #2
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #7
Dino Dino Bambino

2006 Mustang GT
12.8 @ 108

Bullitt95 will become famous soon enoughBullitt95 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bullitt95

Originally Posted by Mustang Boy View Post
From what I understood from his post he is running stock intake and came with the TFS heads.
That would be like giving the engine bigger lungs and making it breathe through a straw.
Old October 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #8
That Regular Guy

2003 Cobra
Not fast enough

TerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to beholdTerminalIntelligence is a splendid one to behold

I woulda done, heads, intake, injectors, MAF, and fuel pump all at the same time.
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #9
MM Fanatic

89 GT

fogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura about

You need injectors and a MAF or a tune before anything. Your tuner is right, if you're running those heads with 19lb injectors, you're asking for trouble. While you're at it a 255lph pump is almost just as mandatory. No you don't actually need one as large as a 255, but they cost nearly the same and you might as well leave room for improvement if you're buying upgraded parts.
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #10

94Beast is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice, and I kno I should've done it all together but I just dont have the money, but I got it it tuned and I'm at 250 rwhp.
Old October 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Regular

Gregg@TrickFlow is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fogged306 View Post
You need injectors and a MAF or a tune before anything. Your tuner is right, if you're running those heads with 19lb injectors, you're asking for trouble. While you're at it a 255lph pump is almost just as mandatory. No you don't actually need one as large as a 255, but they cost nearly the same and you might as well leave room for improvement if you're buying upgraded parts.
Spot on advice!!! You need to do what this man is suggesting.
Old October 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #12
Regular

1994 MUSTANG GT
15.15 @ 94.12

MANZO MUSTANG is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 94Beast View Post
Thanks for the advice, and I kno I should've done it all together but I just dont have the money, but I got it it tuned and I'm at 250 rwhp.
No slouch at 250rwhp.

1994 Ford Mustang GT, 306CHP(260rwhp)
Auto,MM Full Length SFC, otherwise stock suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: new trickflow heads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Trickflow Heads do I need Exactly? MacDizzle 99 - 04 16 September 28th, 2011 01:06 PM
mmr or trickflow heads joshdj13 99 - 04 6 May 28th, 2011 10:47 AM
WHich trickflow heads tyler97 5.0 Mustangs 23 April 24th, 2011 11:27 AM
Trickflow heads. 1989Gt. 5.0 Mustangs 15 June 8th, 2010 09:09 PM
trickflow heads slow02gt 99 - 04 51 December 12th, 2008 05:05 PM