throw-out bearing
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:19 AM   #1

white50 is on a distinguished road

throw-out bearing

i have this annoying whistle coming from the transmission. and it goes away if i simply rest my foot on the clutch pedal, keeping it from engaging but just barely applying pressure. now its louder. i was told that it was the throw out bearing. what would i need to go buy in order do replace te throw-out bearing. is there a kit that includes everything or what

thx guys
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:30 AM   #2

also.. i have a king cobra stage 2 clutch.. dont know if that makes a difference or not..
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:32 AM   #3

robuilt is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem so I went ahead and bought a clutch kit to just swap it all out since I was already tearing it down.

I went with a zoom clutch from summit racing. I have a buddy running high 11s in his 5speed with the exact same clutch.

Paid about 130 for it....t/o bearing and all
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM   #4

well if ive already got a clutch then what else should i get to "beef" up the tranny
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:53 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

98 Cobra

91cobra5.0 will become famous soon enough

the through-out bearing is the one that the clutch fork rests on right? well i just did my clutch and changed it all out. i had some whistiling coming from the clutch area too but i thought mine was more of the piolet bearing, when i did pull it all out i noticed tho that both bearings were goin bad, the through out bearing had some play and the piolet bearing broke on the process of getting it out. and as far as i know there is no kit
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:54 AM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

98 Cobra

91cobra5.0 will become famous soon enough

id just buy the clutch and new bearings, u shouldnt have 2 worry about the fork
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:04 AM   #7

so how much does an afermarket clutch go for then.. if the clutch is good then why replace it is my question..cause the clutch is new
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

flamedstang95 is on a distinguished road

If your clutch and pressure plate are new then leave them on there. You can order a TO bearing from Atomic Performance - TA Performance, Pro 5.0, SCT, C&L, JLT Cold Air Give them a call and ask for Jeff Z. The centerforce piece is 34.95, free shipping, and will be to your house within a day or two. You'll have to pull the exhaust, driveshaft, tranny mount, and finally the tranny. There's nothing you can really do to "beef" up your tranny unless you have it rebuilt. You could add an aluminum flywheel if you've got the money but it isn't necessary. Good luck!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM   #9

robuilt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by white50 View Post
so how much does an afermarket clutch go for then.. if the clutch is good then why replace it is my question..cause the clutch is new

well my clutch was going bad too so i just bought a new one, Zoom Clutch from Summit racing, $130.00
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Regular

1995 GT 5.0

kpoirot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kpoirot

Sounds like a throw-out bearing to me. I had mine whining and i had plans to go to the track with my bike but my bike broke so i took my mustang with plans to break it because it was pissing me off. sure enough, second run when i shifted into second i heard a lot of clanking and my throw-out bearing ended up at the bottom of my bellhousing. I'm sure thats not something that you want. I had to drive home from the track in 5th gear not fun.

Soon: Un= headers, Centerforce Clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax Fidanza Alumnum FW, BBK 75mm TB, EGR Elim.

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #11
Look Ma! My First Post!

1987Rock is on a distinguished road

I've got the same problem. I've had the car 2 months and the guy before me just put a new t/o bearing in, but the shaft it rides on is scored, so that's making the noise. So make sure to check the shaft too.
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #12
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

flamedstang95 is on a distinguished road

the shaft that you speak of is called a bearing retainer. You can buy them from summit or jegs for around 40 bucks. Make sure you get the one for 94/95's because they are 5/8 inch longer than fox bearing retainers.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: throw-out bearing
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
throw out bearing 40thmustanggt 99 - 04 2 August 8th, 2007 06:45 PM
Throw Out Bearing KMast14 V6 Mustangs 17 August 6th, 2007 06:43 PM
throw out bearing already???? 40thmustanggt 99 - 04 12 July 9th, 2007 09:26 PM
help! faulty throw-out bearing stang2000 Modular Mustangs 1 January 11th, 2007 10:40 PM