75MM Throttle Body and Spacer? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old February 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Send a message via AIM to kpoirot
75MM Throttle Body and Spacer?

I just purchased a 75mm throttle body and was thinking about getting a spacer but would a spacer restrict my airflow since i'm increasing my throttle body size? also if it wouldn't hurt me what's a good spacer to use?

Mods:Underdrive Pulleys, Ram Air w/ K&N Filter, Rebuilt T-5, 3.73s, High Flow H-Pipe, Energy Suspension Poly Motor and Tranny Mounts.

Soon: Un= headers, Centerforce Clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax Fidanza Alumnum FW, BBK 75mm TB, EGR Elim.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old February 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Regular

First off, are you converting to a fox style TB or just replacing the OEM unit? Second, if you use a 75mm with the mods you have listed you will loose allot of torque. The biggest suggested use for stock intake is 65mm and 70mm if you are lightly modded. The big 75mm are for those with lots of mods [h,i,c], or with supercharger/turbo applications. I run a 70mm BBK with my GT-40/Explorer intake on mine. A spacer for a 94-95 Stang will only create a 'turbine like'/swirled air flow, which may or may not be what you want, and I do not think that spacers for 94-95's [with the exception for the after market intake elbow] don't come in different sized just stock.
post #3 of 10 Old February 14th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Resident Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSallee View Post
Second, if you use a 75mm with the mods you have listed you will loose allot of torque.
That's not true. I have a 75mm TB on my 5.0 and I didn't lose any torque. Keep in mind that if you do go for this TB size, that you'll need to port the inlet of the upper manifold to match the 75mm diameter.
The threaded helix spiral inside the TB spacer is a marketing gimmick and does absolutely bugger all to increase airflow. If you want a little more torque at low rpm, you're better off inserting a phenolic spacer between the upper and lower manifolds to increase the effective runner length.

2006 GT - 5MT - 306rwhp 324rwtq - 12.74 @ 108.62 - Mod List
post #4 of 10 Old February 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

With the mods you have in your sig a throttle body would be a waste of money. At least upgrade your intake first.
post #5 of 10 Old February 20th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Resident Headbanger

Not a total waste of money because a larger TB will improve throttle response, but I agree that you'd only get the most out of it if you also install a higher-flowing intake manifold.

2006 GT - 5MT - 306rwhp 324rwtq - 12.74 @ 108.62 - Mod List
post #6 of 10 Old February 20th, 2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Send a message via AIM to kpoirot
Well i got a brand new BBK 75 MM intake shipped to me for $130 so i couldn't pass that up and i do plan on getting track heat TFS intake to match up with it this summer.

Mods:Underdrive Pulleys, Ram Air w/ K&N Filter, Rebuilt T-5, 3.73s, High Flow H-Pipe, Energy Suspension Poly Motor and Tranny Mounts.

Soon: Un= headers, Centerforce Clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax Fidanza Alumnum FW, BBK 75mm TB, EGR Elim.

post #7 of 10 Old February 20th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to 1slo5.0
Big throttle body on stock engine equals loss of power and loss of throttle response 99% of the time. I've seen it first hand over and over and over again. I used to tell my customers this but they all knew more than me and "needed" that big throttle body. After they put it on I always said "I told you so" but of course since they don't want to admit they were wrong they would say things like "dude this thing rips now" or "this throttle body knocked 3 tenths off my ET". To each his own. I've run in the 11s with a stock throttle body.

My daily driver has 16 cylinders and 4400hp @ 1000 rpm....

***1988 Mustang GT - Stock....almost
post #8 of 10 Old February 20th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

definitely don't go that big..not till you start boosting your motor...you got a big space for air, but not enough air coming through equals less flow

Cohagan Engineering, Inc.
post #9 of 10 Old February 20th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

i would say get a upper and lower manifold and get like a 70 mm

post #10 of 10 Old February 20th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

i need a throttle body myself..anybody have one for sale?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page