How to fix my power seat?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Enthusiast

1996 Mustang GT
11.2@122.36

94pacecarSVT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 94pacecarSVT

How to fix my power seat?

a guy is coming to buy my car on saturday and i need to know how to fix the power seat and the windows. the drivers window works but it doesnt go down on its own. it makes a knocking sound like its trying to go down. also, the rear quarter window doesnt go down at all but i hear a clicking noise when i hit the switch. and last, the power seat doesnt work. i found a blown 25 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box, but no others were blown. is there a fuse that is linked to the seat working? thanks.

www.rk-collection.com
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #2
Enthusiast

95 5.0
too slow

95blackbeauty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 95blackbeauty

Ya there is a fuse to the internal lights clock and seat. Im pretty sure you found it.

95 gt H.O. Udp's, Pypes O/r X, flowmaster 40's,CAI, 3.73 gears, C&L 76mm MAF,GT40p's, Shorties, 1.6 rr's,Gt40 manifold, short throw, Back Seat Delete

BOOSTED
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #3
Regular

1999 Explorer Sport 4x4
dunno@we'll see

mustangfu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mustangfu Send a message via Yahoo to mustangfu

i've gone through all of my fuses and my power seat still doesn't work

i remember reading somewhere that there was a recall on the power seat motor because they had a tendency to fry and catch the seat on fire. am i crazy?
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #4
Enthusiast

1996 Mustang GT
11.2@122.36

94pacecarSVT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 94pacecarSVT

fu i dont think you're crazy. it seems that every electrical piece on mustangs has had some kind of recall or is notorious for frying itself. haha. ive had trouble with my windows, seat, and several other electrical parts of all three mustangs i've had. if it aint the fuse im just gonna get a new switch for the seat.

www.rk-collection.com
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Enthusiast

95 5.0
too slow

95blackbeauty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 95blackbeauty

fu, The fuse is in the fuse box under the hood. Incase you were just looking under the dash.

95 gt H.O. Udp's, Pypes O/r X, flowmaster 40's,CAI, 3.73 gears, C&L 76mm MAF,GT40p's, Shorties, 1.6 rr's,Gt40 manifold, short throw, Back Seat Delete

BOOSTED
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #6
Regular

1999 Explorer Sport 4x4
dunno@we'll see

mustangfu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mustangfu Send a message via Yahoo to mustangfu

I figured that out when I replaced the fuse for my power outlet. Thanks though ^^

check this out:
Service - Recalls

the last one says something about the seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/94-95/64750-how-fix-my-power-seat.html
Posted By For Type Date
Power seat wont work 1996 mustang convertible - FixYa This thread Refback October 2nd, 2012 06:21 PM
blekko | 94 gt mustang seat motor This thread Refback August 11th, 2011 08:51 PM
1996 ford mustang gt power seat switches This thread Refback January 15th, 2011 04:32 PM

Threads Similar to: How to fix my power seat?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power seat not working. Solution? Fox2102 Audio/Video 3 October 4th, 2007 04:04 PM
Passenger power seat greentea 2005 - 2010 1 August 12th, 2007 12:08 PM
Proper fuse for power seat? smiles9595 Modular Mustangs 1 August 6th, 2007 07:06 AM
Power seat ? fogged306 5.0 Mustangs 3 May 21st, 2007 11:54 PM
How difficult to add a power seat? sweet99 99 - 04 4 April 17th, 2007 09:01 AM