Programming replacement Remote Keyless Entry
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:25 AM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

JesusOnIceSkates is on a distinguished road

Programming replacement Remote Keyless Entry

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever programmed a new replacement remote on a 95 gt? I found info on web that mentions shorting a connector on drivers side in the trunk behind the trim panel then hittng a button on remote after locks cycle, then remove short. ...Is this true? I'm a little hesitant about shorting anything near the trunk / gas tank. Has anyone tried this? Here's the pic of the new remote. The OG one was Falcon...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM   #2
Regular

2004 Mustang SVT Cobra
448whp/475wtq

burnout5.0 is on a distinguished road

This is the write up i have for it-

The keyless entry unit is in the trunk area on the drivers side. Remove the carpet material and there is a mounting bracket that holds the keyless entry unit (mounted on back) and the anti-theft unit (mounted on front. To program the keyless entry you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on, but don't start car. In the trunk by the unit you will find a harness that has 2 pins, short those together and the doors will lock then unlock, that tells you that it is in program mode, then you push any button on the remote and the doors will lock and unlock again to let you know the remote was programmed, then you hit a button on any other remotes you are programming and the doors will lock and unlock again. Turn the key off and you are done! It takes only a couple minutes and this will delete any previous remotes and program the new ones. Hope this helps!!
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:02 PM   #3

JesusOnIceSkates is on a distinguished road

burnout5.0,

Man I'm really sorry to resurrect a dead horse just to kick it again, but I'm not finding anything that fits the description of a small black box with a 2-wire harness / connector that can be jumped. These are photos of the trunk space behind the driver. I'm assuming this item was supposed to be on the vertical side (inside of the quarter panel.)
This guy on another forum also had trouble finding it but there was no solution posted:
1995 Mustang Keyless Entry re-programming - Ford Mustang Forums
I'm attaching picks of my trunk with a ll the junk removed...can you maybe point out if it's there...I'm not sure if I'm missing it or it's not what I'm expecting it to look like? Or maybe I dont have a stock alarm system? The previous owner was a chick I dont think she messed with og equipment. Thanks a mil!!!
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Regular

2004 Mustang SVT Cobra
448whp/475wtq

burnout5.0 is on a distinguished road

yeah i don't kno man thats just the write up i found cause i was gonna get a new remote myself but never did. so i never actually looked for it. sorry
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #5

hurricanegamex is on a distinguished road

This is actually correct.

1. Look for a white or light grey plastic connector with two metal prongs inside that is NOT plugged into anything. This connector is located in the trunk behind the left-hang side trim panel. It will be taped to the wiring harness that leads to the tail lights but closer to the wheel well.
2. This connector verifies a keyless entry system is installed.

I have a 95, I went to the ford dealership and asked if I had keyless entry and he was like give me your key and I will tell you, he went out and did the try for the 2000+ mustangs, (turn the ignition 8 times) and it didn't do anything, obviously it is a 1995, and told me I didn't.
I just walked outside and did this and it worked, now I'm going to buy a remote.

I can get you pictures if needed.
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #6
MM Fanatic

95 Mustang GT
depends how many people are pushing

95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice

HOLY OLD thread Batman!! That was a year and a half ago I sure hope he has got it fixed by now....LOL...But welcome to the site anyways!

People should think about boarding up their glass house before starting a rock fight!
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

WildWill is on a distinguished road

why did you pick a thread that's a year and a half old to make your first post??? lol

Just giving you a hard time man... Welcome to the site!
GT40p heads, 1.7 crane RR's, GT40 u/l, MAC LTs, MAC o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster 40s, 65mm t/b, '03 Cobra Bilstein Struts, Tokico Bullitt Shocks, MM c/c plates, Eibach Sportlines, B&M shifter, 255lph f/p, RAM p/g clutch, Fidanza alum fly, rebuilt t-5
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

kay15ace is on a distinguished road

Do you still have the old keyless entry? I took the chip out of the original one and put it in my new one to avoid having to pay extra money to have the stealership program it for me, and it worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/94-95/73473-programming-replacement-remote-keyless-entry.html
Posted By For Type Date
1995 Mustang Keyless Entry Transmitter Remote This thread Refback January 21st, 2009 12:29 PM
1995 Mustang Keyless Entry Transmitter Remote This thread Refback December 2nd, 2008 05:40 AM
1995 Mustang Keyless Entry Transmitter Remote This thread Refback July 11th, 2008 10:53 AM

Threads Similar to: Programming replacement Remote Keyless Entry
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keyless Entry nHuman 96 - 98 23 March 5th, 2011 12:37 PM
Keyless Entry Remote 96GtGoodz 96 - 98 27 April 29th, 2008 04:19 PM
Keyless Entry Remote 96GtGoodz Modular Mustangs 1 December 11th, 2007 02:21 PM
Keyless entry and more trueballerisme Audio/Video 11 December 24th, 2006 12:05 AM
Remote Keyless Entry Ford Expedition ALLENY All Other Vehicles 2 December 9th, 2006 09:21 PM