H-pipe
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old August 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

94 cobra

96gtponyred is on a distinguished road

H-pipe

i finally got the H pipe in, the weird part was the bassani catback didn't match up with it. also there was a crack in the weld of the muffler so i brought it to the exhaust shop and got a pipe welded in so it did match up. bad part was i needed new mufflers so i got flows, the good thing is the flows sound 28029370273 tims better and way meaner. i'm suprised at the feel of th H pipe i didnt think i would notice it but my car feels alot faster with breather mods i have done any one have an idea what i would have gained i was thinking about 10 and hoping to have about 250 hp

cobra R hood (has a vin#)
bassani catback flows welded in
jegs O/R H-pipe
Jlt CAI
Mgw shifter
03 cobra rims
3.73's (on the way!!!)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #2
Banned

AdderMk2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

Its amazing what happens when you take out a piece of piping with 4 restrictive cats, and 2.25" diameter, and replace it with a free-flowing 2.5" diameter pipe!
[QUOTE=Timm10221]Its only a 10 inch Tach that sits right in the center of the dash with LED lights and a Spinner bezel that has dimonds and gold plating.. And when you hit 4500 plus is sounds off (AAHHH SHITT) :cool:[/QUOTE]
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

WildWill is on a distinguished road

that's whats so great about the 5.0 motor! i put an h-pipe on when i had my 4.6, and it just didn't make that considerable difference. LOVE 5.0'S!!!!
GT40p heads, 1.7 crane RR's, GT40 u/l, MAC LTs, MAC o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster 40s, 65mm t/b, '03 Cobra Bilstein Struts, Tokico Bullitt Shocks, MM c/c plates, Eibach Sportlines, B&M shifter, 255lph f/p, RAM p/g clutch, Fidanza alum fly, rebuilt t-5
Old August 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #4
Regular

94BLKGT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AdderMk2 View Post
Its amazing what happens when you take out a piece of piping with 4 restrictive cats, and 2.25" diameter, and replace it with a free-flowing 2.5" diameter pipe!

The 2 on the down pipe are pre cats, then the other 2 are actual cats. Be glad were not in Cali i have seen and heard of them having 2 cats and 4 pre cats. That would suck.
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Regular

94 cobra

f that i'd move

jegs O/R H-pipe
Jlt CAI
Mgw shifter
03 cobra rims
3.73's (on the way!!!)
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

97GT & 97Snake & 00L
T.B.A

97mustanggt will become famous soon enough

well on my car i have 2 pre cats and two actual cats and i live in cali...i put my off road h pipe yesterday dam it was a bitch to install...and now i need to remove the two front connections cause the stupid gasket on the passange side is falling out so i need to put a new one on there...makes that dam aire noise is so annoying...but yeah not only does it flow better the weight differnce is amazing my stock pipe was so heavy the the h-pipe was lite...cant wate to put my gasket back on its gonna sound amazing.
Old September 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Regular

1995 mustang gt

lowp51 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lowp51

I just bought a magnaflow h pipe with high flows on it, and im going to throw on some mac shorties, cant wait to see the difference the make.
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:10 PM   #8

1994 Mustang GT

94silverGT is on a distinguished road

When you guys installed the h-pipe did you have any issues with check engine light or anything or was it basically a bolt on? What about X-pipes, how do they compare? In summit racing, bbk's x-pipe is advertised to have a 12-25 hp increase while the h-pipe is rated to give 10-15 more. Don't they do the same thing?

1994 Mustang GT stock 5.0L
K&N Fliter
Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter
Rear Seat Delete
Euro Tail Lights
Flowtech O/R H-pipe
Flowmaster Glasspacks
'99 GT Rims
Old September 2nd, 2008, 03:14 AM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

97GT & 97Snake & 00L
T.B.A

97mustanggt will become famous soon enough

yeah the check engine lite turns on beacause u dont have cats anymore...but u can either buy some mil eliminators or tune the car so u can turn them off...or just put a piece of tape over it...lol...well yeah they do the same thing..imo...but h pipe is throaty sound and x pipe is more a raspy sound...its all up to u
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:02 AM   #10
Banned

AdderMk2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

Originally Posted by 97mustanggt View Post
yeah the check engine lite turns on beacause u dont have cats anymore...but u can either buy some mil eliminators or tune the car so u can turn them off...or just put a piece of tape over it...
actually, that isn't a problem with our OBD-1 cars... only you OBD-2 guys have to worry about MIL eliminators

If your CEL is coming on, scan it, figure out the problem. but its NOT because you dont have cats anymore
[QUOTE=Timm10221]Its only a 10 inch Tach that sits right in the center of the dash with LED lights and a Spinner bezel that has dimonds and gold plating.. And when you hit 4500 plus is sounds off (AAHHH SHITT) :cool:[/QUOTE]
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

95stroker is on a distinguished road

+1 on AdderMk2
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM   #12
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

flamedstang95 is on a distinguished road

No CEL for having an offroad h or x on mine either. I've had them both and like the x-pipe better.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM   #13
Regular

1995 mustang gt

lowp51 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lowp51

From what I gather from reading up on Hpipes v. Xpipes, the x pipe has a continuous pressure between the intire rpm band were as the h pipe works like a straight pipe at highier rpms. Even though you may have more hp from the x pipe, you'll have more torque from the h pipe.
Both will sound differently too, it all depends on what you want for sound.
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:37 AM   #14
Regular

95 mustang gt

bretts95gt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 97mustanggt View Post
yeah the check engine lite turns on beacause u dont have cats anymore...but u can either buy some mil eliminators or tune the car so u can turn them off...or just put a piece of tape over it...lol...well yeah they do the same thing..imo...but h pipe is throaty sound and x pipe is more a raspy sound...its all up to u

or just take the light out.lol nah i got the eliminators but it still didnt do anygood cause i got a smog delete and a egr delete sigh
95 gt vert-custom fenders 03 cobra front end,twin garret turbos,ported trickflow trackheat heads, hks blowoff valve,spyder efi intake, underdrives,built c4, 4000 stall converter,reverse manual valvebody,4.10 gears
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #15
Regular

95 mustang gt

bretts95gt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lowp51 View Post
From what I gather from reading up on Hpipes v. Xpipes, the x pipe has a continuous pressure between the intire rpm band were as the h pipe works like a straight pipe at highier rpms. Even though you may have more hp from the x pipe, you'll have more torque from the h pipe.
Both will sound differently too, it all depends on what you want for sound.
+2 xpipes will be more of a clean solid sound hpipes will give you a choppy rumble
95 gt vert-custom fenders 03 cobra front end,twin garret turbos,ported trickflow trackheat heads, hks blowoff valve,spyder efi intake, underdrives,built c4, 4000 stall converter,reverse manual valvebody,4.10 gears
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #16

1994 Mustang GT

94silverGT is on a distinguished road

I finally got my h-pipe on the other night! It sounds so angry! I got it for $130 through my auto parts store with my discount. With my glasspacks . . .

"It sounds like thunder" - My friend Russ

1994 Mustang GT stock 5.0L
K&N Fliter
Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter
Rear Seat Delete
Euro Tail Lights
Flowtech O/R H-pipe
Flowmaster Glasspacks
'99 GT Rims
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #17
Enthusiast

2000 mustang GT

95BlackStang will become famous soon enough

i got a catted h-pipe and its still loud i love it. and i think i should be able to pass inspection. its been due since 5/08 on both stickers

00 GT with the heart of a green machine!
99 Electric Green GT R.I.P.
95 GT vert....my first love sold!

Originally Posted by BaznastyDave View Post
99-01 Cobra bumper with Mach spoiler and make all the girls panties wet.
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #18
Regular

94 cobra

there isn't much diff in hp or torque either way that you would notice unless your pushing big numbers, you will notice sound tho so its really a preference x pipe is too loud for me, i think the h pipe sounds much better. in my opinion the h pipe has that deep throaty muscle car sound. h pipe and flows i think is the best combo on any stang it just sounds mean !

jegs O/R H-pipe
Jlt CAI
Mgw shifter
03 cobra rims
3.73's (on the way!!!)
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #19
Enthusiast

'95 GT
Was probably faster before I got it.

Countryboy_99 will become famous soon enough

im gonna be gettin my o/r h soon. already got the flowmaster american thunder series cat back kit installed but forgot which mufflers that kit has. lol but yeah i just want to know before installation will an o/r h from summit (goin for the cheapest i can find since o/r h's are all same it seems) match up properly with my stock headers and the catback kit i have? :shrug
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #20
Regular

94 cobra

it should but who knows i bought the cheap one from jegs and it didnt line up with the bassani cat back i had to go to a custom shop and get it fixed and switched to flows

jegs O/R H-pipe
Jlt CAI
Mgw shifter
03 cobra rims
3.73's (on the way!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/94-95/84710-h-pipe.html
Posted By For Type Date
H-pipe This thread Refback August 16th, 2008 09:16 AM

Threads Similar to: H-pipe
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vrs o/r x pipe vs. lethal o/r x pipe to go with mac lt and flows for now lilmarc1988 99 - 04 6 April 21st, 2008 08:59 AM
O/R Mac H-Pipe VS. BBK O/R H-Pipe?( Difference?) PowerShiftz02GT 99 - 04 41 January 10th, 2008 10:22 PM