1995 Mustang GT Brake Light Problem
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs > 94-95

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

1995 Mustang GT

95gt_stang is on a distinguished road

1995 Mustang GT Brake Light Problem

I was just driving the other day and the emergency break light on the dash came on but my e-break was down, and its stayed on. but my friend was ridin behind me and he said i didnt have any break lights comin on but i have running lights still. idk where to start? any help would be appreciated
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

flamedstang95 is on a distinguished road

first of all, check your brake fluid. Usually when it's low the brake light will come on. As far as your brake lights not working, I'd say that might be a fuse or your brake light stop switch. If your brake lights aren't coming on when you hit the brakes your signal lights shouldn't be working either if it's a fuse. Check 'em out and report back.
Old October 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #3

1995 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by flamedstang95 View Post
first of all, check your brake fluid. Usually when it's low the brake light will come on. As far as your brake lights not working, I'd say that might be a fuse or your brake light stop switch. If your brake lights aren't coming on when you hit the brakes your signal lights shouldn't be working either if it's a fuse. Check 'em out and report back.
well i checked all that and i even filled up the brake fluid (it was a little low) but i stil have the light and no brake lights. i have runnin lights and turn signals though
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Regular

1995 Mustang GT

95stroker is on a distinguished road

did you check your fuses? check the ones inside of the car and the box under the hood...a popped fuse is one of the easiest fixes there is, so hopefully thats it! if you don't have any break lights all of a sudden, i would think that would be the best place to start looking.
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Enthusiast

1989 Mustang LX
10.98@126.7 NA

trueblue01 is on a distinguished road

Brake light switch under the dash
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #6

1995 Mustang GT

thanks guys, it turned out to be there was a wire loose on the brake light switch, it was a simple fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/94-95/91576-1995-mustang-gt-brake-light-problem.html
Posted By For Type Date
1995 Mustang GT Brake Light Problem This thread Refback October 31st, 2008 07:01 PM

Threads Similar to: 1995 Mustang GT Brake Light Problem
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idling Problem with 1995 Mustang GT 95gt_stang 94-95 11 September 23rd, 2008 02:21 AM
Brake light switch problem after upgrading brake booster black88 5.0 Mustangs 2 January 21st, 2008 12:41 AM
Brake light comes on smoke-em 99 - 04 9 September 26th, 2007 07:21 PM
Where is the BRAKE LIGHT RELAY SWITCH on a 2000 Mustang???? Mrs_Mustang V6 Mustangs 5 August 15th, 2007 11:46 AM
Front brake problem 99 mustang Justin07 V6 Mustangs 10 November 22nd, 2006 08:08 PM