Heads: Trick Flow vs. Patriot Stage II
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Regular

'97 GT

tommyt411 is on a distinguished road

Heads: Trick Flow vs. Patriot Stage II

Anyone have feelings on either one over the other? I'm looking to do a PI swap but I might just dig deep in the pocket to get one of these sets...
Thanks!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Regular

'97 GT

Patriot Performance 4.6L/5.4L SOHC 2V Stage II Cylinder Heads (01-04 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

nevermind I guess the trick flows haven't come out yet...

Anyone know when the 2v 4.6 trickflow heads come out?
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Enthusiast

Boomer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Boomer Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Patriot are bottom of the bucket ported PI castings. You will get what you pay for.
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Regular

'97 GT

Really? Thanks for letting me know!
What about PI heads with the trick flow stage II cams? Does it depend on if the PI heads are windsor or romeo???
Or should I just run the PI Heads complete w/ PI cams?
Old March 4th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 GT
Too Slow....

NMR-2vGT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NMR-2vGT Send a message via MSN to NMR-2vGT

The trickflow heads are supposed to come out either this month or sometime in April i believe. The problem with that is that there is already a waiting list and you may have to wait a while for an available set but i think they'd be worth the wait.

MM Unite For Bubba
Old March 4th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2

1997 Saleen S281

97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of

Why does everybody rag on the patriot heads so bad? All the actual professional installs I have read about seem to indicate they make alot more power over the stock head. All the talk about using reject parts seems kind of far fetched to me. Why the hell would a company that has been around as long as patriot risk destroying the reputation they have worked so hard to build for their pushrod heads by using trash parts? Why would ford even accept/sell there rejected parts anyway?

I have seen many build pages that showed on a dyno that the patriots work great, especialy with better ( bullit ) intakes and forced induction. It seems like if one member on this site has a bad experience with a product EVERYBODY talks trash about it. I'm sure there are alot of guys running them with absolutely no problems. Otherwise, if they are as much crap as everyone says, no one would be buying them and the price would plummet. The price actually went up from 1200 to 1350 this year, so that should say something about the demand for them.

MODS IN GARAGE

All SVO'D UP
Old March 4th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2

1997 Saleen S281

97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of97S281 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NMR-2vGT View Post
The trickflow heads are supposed to come out either this month or sometime in April i believe. The problem with that is that there is already a waiting list and you may have to wait a while for an available set but i think they'd be worth the wait.
+1 on this though. If your gonna go with a new set of heads you may as well wait and make sure the new heads don't throw the patriots into the stone age. I would be pissed if I spent the money for the patriots only to find out in a month that the trick flows outperformed them in every way.

MODS IN GARAGE

All SVO'D UP
Old March 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #8
The UPS guy

91' p1000 :)

MikeD05GT will become famous soon enoughMikeD05GT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MikeD05GT

Originally Posted by 97S281 View Post
Why does everybody rag on the patriot heads so bad? All the actual professional installs I have read about seem to indicate they make alot more power over the stock head. All the talk about using reject parts seems kind of far fetched to me. Why the hell would a company that has been around as long as patriot risk destroying the reputation they have worked so hard to build for their pushrod heads by using trash parts? Why would ford even accept/sell there rejected parts anyway?

I have seen many build pages that showed on a dyno that the patriots work great, especialy with better ( bullit ) intakes and forced induction. It seems like if one member on this site has a bad experience with a product EVERYBODY talks trash about it. I'm sure there are alot of guys running them with absolutely no problems. Otherwise, if they are as much crap as everyone says, no one would be buying them and the price would plummet. The price actually went up from 1200 to 1350 this year, so that should say something about the demand for them.
im glad to see this... i agree 100% partiot ftw!
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #9

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

patriots aren't worth the risk. you might get a good set, you might not. I have personally seen it go both way's (more bad than good though) so IMO there not the greatest. at 1300+ you'd be an idiot to but them when you can get something like foxlake, etc for 1700ish.

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............tbd...........
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #10
MM.s Used Car Whore

1999 GT

svtkidd23 is a glorious beacon of lightsvtkidd23 is a glorious beacon of lightsvtkidd23 is a glorious beacon of lightsvtkidd23 is a glorious beacon of lightsvtkidd23 is a glorious beacon of light

foxlake!!!

trickflow!
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #11
Regular

1997 Cobra

Cobra GT is on a distinguished road

save your money and get on the waiting list
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #12
******************** of Innovative Auto

96 Cobra and 97 GT
13.1@105 MPH

97GT4.6 is a jewel in the rough97GT4.6 is a jewel in the rough97GT4.6 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 97GT4.6

Yeah, get some trick flow heads.. i really want some!
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #13
Regular

'97 GT

Where is there waiting list? I can't find it on their website...
So getting the PI heads then putting the trickflow cams in wouldn't be worth it? I can get windsor heads and covers for $375 w/84,ooo miles. Should I just wait, or would this be acceptable as far as reliability?
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #14

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommyt411 View Post
So getting the PI heads then putting the trickflow cams in wouldn't be worth it? I can get windsor heads and covers for $375 w/84,ooo miles. Should I just wait, or would this be acceptable as far as reliability?
what are your plan's with the car? d/d you'll be fine as is, anything more, have them gone thu & you should be ok.

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............tbd...........
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #15
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master shit shoveler

rigid harleys
as fast as i can push them!

deedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud ofdeedub97GT has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to deedub97GT

Originally Posted by tommyt411 View Post
this is what im doing trick flow stage two cams in pi heads it just depends on your build and how much you wanna spend

MILITARY CREW GSM2

Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!

Like old harleys? check out my build thread! -->75 rigid iron rebuild

i love throbbing meat
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #16
Regular

'97 GT

It is a DD and if I did go with the PI heads and upgraded cams I would also do valves and springs just to revive the 84,000 mile heads. I'm like a lot of guys right now that don't want to spend a lot to get a lot...
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #17
Regular

'97 GT

The heads that I'm looking at have the press in cam gears, I would need to get bolt on ones to work with aftermarket cams right???
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #18
Regular

1996 Mustang GT Vert

Blower Head will become famous soon enough

Yep. Gears and spacers.
96 GT vert, Aftercooled Vortech, Lightning MAF,42# inj, saleen cams, Bullitt intake, tune by APS, powerpipe, Magnaflow catback and O/R xpipe, Cobra brk upgrade, lowered bilstein suspension w/MM c/c plates and subframe connectors 3000 stall and 3.73's
Old March 5th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #19
Enthusiast

97 Mustang GT

ColdSteel will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ColdSteel

just wait on trick flows. i know instant gratification is tempting but you will kick yourself in the ass later.
Old March 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #20
Regular

'97 GT

Alright, you guys talked me into waiting! But where is the waiting list? I checked out the press release, but I guess I'll just give them a call on Monday... Thanks Guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Heads: Trick Flow vs. Patriot Stage II
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gettin Some Patriot Stage 3 Heads and Comp xe270ah cams!!! mustangmanic 99 - 04 44 November 18th, 2008 06:26 PM
Patriot Stage 2 heads cams Smoothgrandmama 99 - 04 21 October 29th, 2007 07:52 PM
patriot stage 3 heads for 97 4.6L????? AztecGold 96 - 98 1 July 20th, 2007 12:18 PM
Patriot stage 3 heads. MySallyMI 99 - 04 9 February 19th, 2007 11:08 AM