OBD 2 Laptop PC Software for ABS and Airbags??
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM   6 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

RacingRyan is on a distinguished road
Question

OBD 2 Laptop PC Software for ABS and Airbags??

Hey, so I bought a OBD 2 plug with a USB jack on the other end that plugs into my laptop. It works very well with the free software, it tells me my check engine light codes and RPMs and blah blah blah. I found software online for like $200 that can check into the engine more and tell me why my ABS light is on and reset my airbag module. But is there any free or cheaper software??

Also I would like to download it so I won't have to wait for shipping if possible...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #2
MM Fanatic

KB'd GT

Trick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to all

I'm not sure that the abs and air bag circuits are controlled or resetable by the ecu. My guess is that there is a circuit that tests those circuits to determine they are functioning correctly. If you cure the problem, you will clear the code. If i had a abs code, i would check the fuses, and the signal wheels at each tire.
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #3

Well I'm 100% positive that the ABS and Airbags are controlled by the OBD 2 plug because I talked to a Ford dealer guy.

Also, this ebay software says it can communicate to the ABS and Airbags through the ODB 2 - USB plug that I have... I just don't want to wait for shipping and I would like it free is possible?

COMPLETE CAR DIAGNOSTIC TUNING SOFTWARE OBD 1 & 2 : eBay Motors (item 120550397487 end time Apr-29-10 00:48:59 PDT)
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Enthusiast

99 mustang GT

ForestGRN_Ghost will become famous soon enough

where did you get this said cord that connects your obd2 to your labtop?

link?
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Cobra
14.2@102 (I suck)

Thumbie is a jewel in the roughThumbie is a jewel in the roughThumbie is a jewel in the roughThumbie is a jewel in the rough

yeah then I can roll around and pretend to be fast and furious

SOLD August 2010: 1996 Mustang GT
SOLD June 2012: 2001 Cobra with SRA swap, modded for twisties
Current: 1997 BMW M3 Sedan 5-Speed, 1968 Chevelle SS 396 4-Speed
MM Cobra Club Member #76
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #6

Well the OBD 2 to USB cable is off of ebay here:

OBD-II OBD2 Car Code Reader USB Interface EOBD CAN-BUS : eBay Motors (item 260401756768 end time Apr-23-10 19:14:45 PDT)

It works really well for me and is pretty high quality. If you have the right software it can do anything.
Old April 13th, 2010, 05:48 AM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

97 Mustang GT
slower than the speed of smell

zigbigadoru will become famous soon enoughzigbigadoru will become famous soon enough

and the program that you use with this cable?

You think my lungs and chest hurt when I drive down the road for a triple baconator? No. You know why? Cause I'm smart.

Time for a nap.
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #8

Just the free program that came with it... It's called OBD 2 scanner I think.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:50 AM   #9

Turbo1002 is on a distinguished road

Hello, this is my first post here. I registered here to ask Ryan if he has found some software for the pc which will read ABS codes and maybe Airbag codes?
I have a jeep which needs abs repairs but need software which will read abs to pull the code.
Thank You for the help.
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #10

Turbo1002 is on a distinguished road

TTT
Old July 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #11
Enthusiast

2001 GT

Perfectcircle is an unknown quantity at this point

You should register on a jeep forum for better help. I will tell you this though, if your airbag light is showing up on your jeep, it's probably a bad clockspring.
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #12
Regular

2003 Mustang GT
avg 14.097@97.86 - best 13.98@98.23

finally03gt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to finally03gt

Any body ever find software, I'd even be willing to pay for it, just want to know it works.
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #13

^ You probably already found something by now but what I ended up using and still use today is the scantool.net software called ScanXL Professional. There are also free versions from torrents if you know what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-98/160278-obd-2-laptop-pc-software-abs-airbags.html
Posted By For Type Date
OBD 2 Laptop PC Software For ABS And Airbags - Webfinder.hol.es This thread Refback December 6th, 2014 07:03 PM
Thread OBD 2 Laptop PC Software for ABS and Airbags?? | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback March 2nd, 2012 07:26 PM
Thread OBD 2 Laptop PC Software for ABS and Airbags?? | Forums at Modded Mustangs | Page 2 | BoardReader This thread Refback January 10th, 2012 04:17 PM
Thread OBD 2 Laptop PC Software for ABS and Airbags?? | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback December 7th, 2011 01:45 PM
obd abs software - forums post summary | BoardReader This thread Refback September 5th, 2010 01:09 AM
obd software - online conversations | BoardReader This thread Refback September 5th, 2010 01:05 AM

Threads Similar to: OBD 2 Laptop PC Software for ABS and Airbags??
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AirBags 02GT89 99 - 04 8 March 8th, 2010 10:43 PM
Laptop insurance: should I buy it for my new high performance laptop? Sunnyoutside The Clubhouse 17 April 22nd, 2009 11:00 AM
Abs vs non abs for rear end swap? bansheex 94-95 2 March 17th, 2009 09:09 AM
ABS and NON-ABS Axles... HELPSSS John's_stang 99 - 04 6 October 8th, 2008 01:43 AM