Modded Mustang Forums banner

bearings

717 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  stang98piswap 
#1 ·
So i just replaced my spark plugs/wires, and cleaned my air filter today, before I take my vacation trip..and I took her out on the highway to see how it went and it was fantastic!! I hit 120 in 5th and still had enough snap it felt like i was still in 4th! it was great.. I did the full PI swap, plenum, TB, and otherstuff...but a long time ago..like 1 1/2 or 2 years ago I put in the steeda UDP..and since I think ive been noticing a small leak... I never really thought much of it because ive never had a performance issue, or any loss of oil, but im starting to think its coming from the crank pully? Ive been getting this wierd rattling sound at certain RPMS and ive changed the clutch flywheel TOB PB and built the tranny...and it seemed ok for a little while but now its all frigged up again.. Im starting to think the worst and wondering if it could havin something to do with the crank bearing..maybe even connecting rod bearings..main bearing.. question is..is there a way to tell if these are going? or a way to tell if it is in fact something to do with the crank shaft? or when those start to go do they just go and you find out suddenly..or is it something that you start to notice before its too late? im still going to check tomorow if its the exhaust, but if it could be a bearing I should check while im down there...thanks!

#2 ·
99% of the time the main bearing will leak oil and cause low oil pressure. if you have a spun bearing youll definitly notice that, its louuuud. camshaft bearings going bad will cause your rockers to knock due to the oil not reaching them.

if any bearings were bad or going bad in your engine youll hear a knocking noise at all rmps

#3 ·
would the oil be leaking out from behind the crank pulley?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.