Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The lost highway
iTrader: 18 reviews
1. Open the trunk and remove the tail lights. The nuts are recessed, you will see them if you look for them.
2. pull out the interior side trim panels from the trunk. There are two nuts on each side that hold on a set of brackets that the bumper cover is attached to.
3. remove the center section of your trunk panel and remove the nuts attached to the center bumper bracket.
4. check your wheel wells. There should be two screws on eack side that attach the rear bumper to the wheel well.
5. Pop the sides off from the wheel wells.
6. pull straight back on the bumper. This can go easy or it can be difficult. Sometimes the center bracket gets caught on the slots for the bolts to go through the car. your bumper should now be off.
TIP: If reinstalling a new bumper you will get a better fit on the sides if you don't rivet the side brackets back onto the new bumper. Instead, sandwich the lip that would rivet to the bracket between the body and the bracket and it will fit much tighter to the car.
MODS IN GARAGE
All SVO'D UP