Antifreeze in spark plug wire holes
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #1
Regular

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road

Antifreeze in spark plug wire holes

Yeah... thermostat leaked and I got some antifreeze in the spark plug wire holes... been cleaning it out with paper towels and canned air... also used a bit of brake cleaner to dry it up a bit quicker...

Its running on atleast 6 cylinders now (up from like 4).... any ideas or should I continue trying to use canned air and brake cleaner?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #2
nes
Enthusiast

nes is on a distinguished road

u might haveto replace them, i had to when mine leaked...
09 subaru wrx- soon to be 12 sec. daily driver
1988 gt- toy
Old June 10th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #3
Enthusiast

AnglicoGT98 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AnglicoGT98

Yeah man. the same thing happened to me. It was actually my first post ever on the forum. Anyways, I actually found that medical gauze worked really well. I bought a roll of it for a couple of bucks and just pushed it all down into the plug hole. That stuff will soak it all up. Just make sure you keep the plugs in while you're cleaning it out. You don't want any of that getting down into your engine. You also are going to want to get new plugs and probably plug wires. Mine was REALLY bad so i needed to get new ones.
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #4
Regular

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road

yup.... got it fixed... used canned air and paper towels... then switched out plugs after it was dry enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Antifreeze in spark plug wire holes
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coolant In plug holes MustangMatt96GT 96 - 98 13 August 13th, 2007 07:40 PM
quick spark wire question Plays With Squirrels 96 - 98 6 August 12th, 2007 02:22 PM
Spark plug gap? 8A_Honda V6 Mustangs 5 July 6th, 2007 01:43 PM
98 spark plug wire diagram shadow98gt 96 - 98 3 June 5th, 2007 10:07 PM
Racing Spark plug Wire Problems NVMustng21 5.0 Mustangs 14 February 18th, 2007 08:59 PM