4.6L PI Head Swap Kit
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #1

slvrbllt98GT is on a distinguished road

4.6L PI Head Swap Kit

So I know that one of the most popular things to do to our NPI motors is to swap in some PI heads and/or intake. I was looking around and ran into this kit on the net: http://www.parkwayperformance.com/2vheadswap.asp

The price looks a little high (considering I think I've seen heads for sale for ~$400). But the kit is all new parts, and there is a lot of other stuff in the kit.

Has anyone used this company, and is this a good deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2007, 12:33 AM   #2
Enthusiast

2001 mustang GT
12.67@110.34

kennyGT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kennyGT

there iis an ebay dealer who has these kits for around 1,200 shipped they sell the gasket kit for like 200 the heads 400-425 each and the intake manifold with gasket is like 210 not too mention shipping costs....
97 GT automatic-SOLD
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #3
Enthusiast

AnglicoGT98 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AnglicoGT98

Yeah I've heard of these people. They are legit'. I've also seen them in a couple of mustang magazines. I pieced my own kit together from RPMoutlet.com and ModularDepot.com for about the same price. But I got a Typhoon manifold instead of the stock plastic one. So I technically came out about $200-$300 less. Some people hate the typhoon but i have had too many problems with the plastic ones. That madulardepot place knows ALOT about PI swaps. But make sure you get ALL the parts you'll need for the swap before you start, or else your car will be in pieces waiting for the one little thing you forgot.
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #4

slvrbllt98GT is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice about all of the parts. That's why I specifically wanted to get a kit, so it would have EVERYTHING. They state on their site that the only thing it doesn't come with is oil and and oil filter.

Based on your install do you see anything that's missing from their list that you found mandatory or even helpful?
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Regular

DragonFreak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DragonFreak

that looks way over priced...get the headz and the head changeing kit from ford racing...heads will cost about 600 brand new the head changeing kit from them is 120...the alt bracket you really dont need unless you want it to be on there...the intake id get from e-bay only other thing than that you will need are the cam bolts..least i did with my swap and the intake gaskets
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #6

RockerShocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to RockerShocker

DO IT!!! And while your at it.. THROW ON A CHARGER!!!!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 4.6L PI Head Swap Kit
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PI Head Swap and Transmission Swap jEEd 96 - 98 18 May 14th, 2009 12:57 AM
head swap Mustang RacR94 99 - 04 9 April 25th, 2007 05:27 PM
Cam and head swap I need help!!!!! Kevin b 5.0 Mustangs 19 January 3rd, 2007 12:30 AM
Head Swap wikdsvt 5.0 Mustangs 5 October 10th, 2006 06:19 PM
5.4L Head swap??? rwk3072 96 - 98 7 July 23rd, 2006 12:40 AM