safe to spray engine with water?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #1
Regular

1996 Mustang GT
14.60@95

ocsailor86 is on a distinguished road

safe to spray engine with water?

Hey is it safe to spary my 96 gt engine off at the car wash. Because i broke a belt and now all that crap is all over my engine. Should i spray it off?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

droppedbass87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to droppedbass87

get mean green or engine degreaser and a scrub brush and brush it all off and then spray it all off with ta water hose....i did mine and then waited til it dried and then got some spray paint clear at advanced and cleared the whole engine..my dad tought me to..it makes it look brand new and so freaking good and you will love your car afterwards...
Old June 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #3
Regular

96 GT

slightly stoopid is on a distinguished road

just spray like engine or wheel degresser on it with the car off, then was it off with a hose while the car is running.. thats how i do it, its cleans the engine compartment nicly. i u have an air hose then blow off the plugs afterwards but if not then its not a big deal.
Old June 17th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 Mustang GT

tlr96 is on a distinguished road

just dont use a high pressure hose or drown it in water. if you go to a car wash and select engine degreaser it will spray cleaner at a low pressure, then select rinse but stand back a little bit so the water doesnt git it very hard.

view my garage for pics and modifications
listen to my exhaust video 1 video 2 video 3
Old June 23rd, 2007, 01:49 AM   #5

sleezy is on a distinguished road

my dad always taight me to run the engine while rinsing so if you do hit something that may hurt it you can stop without drowning it out and discovering youre car won't start when youre done. im sure somebody will say "you'll suck up water in the intake though". as long as you don't purposly soak it you'll be fine, we drive in the rain all the time
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM   #6
MM Fanatic

ujslost has a spectacular aura aboutujslost has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to ujslost

drowning a motor was back when cars had distributors. it wont hurt these cars. you can wash them when not running. just cover up your air filter with a walmart bag if you have an open element air filter. then dry up or blow excess water out of the spark plug holes.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: safe to spray engine with water?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tint spray Nick_Rapitis V6 Mustangs 42 August 16th, 2007 01:05 AM
Rim spray? Need Help! warrior86 Visual 1 July 10th, 2007 11:55 AM
spray on cf!! 232stang The Clubhouse 3 May 7th, 2007 01:58 AM
Where to get a GT-40 spray-bar plate? 95oldyeller 5.0 Mustangs 1 January 30th, 2007 01:43 AM
Can I spray a dry shot before the MAF? Robjta General Tech 10 July 25th, 2006 11:18 PM