v6 engine swap help
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Look Ma! My First Post!

Slobra is on a distinguished road

v6 engine swap help

ok guys i got a brain racker for ya. i have a 97 v6 5 spd. i also have a 2001 4.6L i plan on installing. i work at an auto salvage so i have access to any parts i need. trans, rearend, engine harness, ecu are taken care of. i guess my biggest question is will the 01 engine with the 01 ecu and engine harness work with the 97 cluster and body harness? wats the best route here? thnx
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Enthusiast

metalman302 will become famous soon enoughmetalman302 will become famous soon enough

Best route is swap entire dash with harness, and all body harness too.

99+ have digital odometers and in addition PATS is tied to the cluster. So that is a huge NO to your question.
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 mustang mut

Punched281 will become famous soon enough

You dont need the body harness, I highly doubt it anyway. Look at the plugs, if they plug up, they will most likely work. And your cluster is different anyway with the speedo and rpm's so you would want to change them. And also your hydro brake and pedal assembly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.