HID's in new cobra headlights
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Regular

1996 Mustang GT

96customgt is on a distinguished road

HID's in new cobra headlights

hey everyone! purchasing some new cobra headlights (two piece) and was wondering if anyone had put hid's in them and if so how did it turn out? and if no one has then what headlights turned out good ! thanks dudes
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

1998 Mustang GT

MustGT98allday will become famous soon enough

your talking about the regular 2 piece like on AM and not the projector crap right? if so this question is very argued throughout this forum and every forum on every model car. alot of people will say only run hids with oem style projector housings so the light more focused and you dont blind oncomming traffic while others say its fine.
it also depends on what brightness your getting. i just run regular bulbs in my headlights and 6000k HIDs in my cobra fog lights and that together gives me plenty of light. i dont like any HIDs 8000 or above so im my opinion if you do go HID dont go higher than 6000k

My slow show build
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:16 PM   #3

ajb540 will become famous soon enough

There are a few services around that will retrofit a projector into your headlights. Yuke's HID Retrofits and HID Retrofit Lights come to mind.
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Regular

1996 Mustang GT

Correct they are not projectors, I ordered the 8000k because I know a friend with them and they turned out nice. I'm just looking for some headlights that fit good and shine bright, I'm hoping that will do the job! How are the in oem headlights?
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

1998 Mustang GT

MustGT98allday will become famous soon enough

can help from experience but with oem lights and 8000k bulbs the light should be pretty bright and very spread out

My slow show build
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Regular

1996 Mustang GT

That's what I'm hoping! Thanks 98allday!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.