Help needed
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #1
Look Ma! My First Post!

Cobrajet427 is on a distinguished road

Help needed

I got a 98 gt I recently removed a 02 pi motor that was running great from an 02 gt and installed it in my 98 gt. I removed the cops and installed my coils,plugs and fuel rails off the 98 gt. when I cranked the car the scanner was showing a bad iac and o2sensors I changed the iac and it would idle when I reved the car it would pop and spit and sputter so I changed out the plenum with the 98 gt one and double checked my vacuum lines and now the car has good throttle response and power but only when idling when your driving and give it gas it bogs down and pops really bad sounds like its only popping out of one side of the exhaust pretty sure it's coming out the side with the exhaust leak but it seems to slowy come out the bog but just doesn't have any power while under load but idling it revs up strong Cant figure it out.. No codes are coming up on the dash. Any suggestions.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #2
Npi
Regular

Npi will become famous soon enough

Firing order screwed up? Have you pulled the plugs looked them over? Burnt plug wire?

Youve probably checked all this. Just throwing it out there.
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Regular

1996 Mustang GT

96-GT_Josh is on a distinguished road

Yea if the engine was running fine before install, its not the engine.

Not saying anything bad about you either. I am a Mechanic and small things do get missed.

i.e. Did an engine swap on a () Integra and forgot one ground behind the intake mani. Car would start but not run, took 2 hours to find that one wire.

Just give it a good once over. You might find something small.

I'D RATHER PUSH MY FORD THAN DRIVE YOUR CHEVY

MM COBRA CLUB #124
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.