Forgot to grease wheel bearing (vibration started)
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 96 - 98

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 Mustang GT

BigSmith will become famous soon enoughBigSmith will become famous soon enough

Forgot to grease wheel bearing (vibration started)

I remember now when i bought this car i replaced the front right wheel bearing and this year i am getting this awful vibration at 80km/h. I remember now that i forgot to use grease when i installed the bearing, would this cause a vibration? It gets worse when i make right turns, and that is the side i forgot to grease. (i just replaced the tie rod ends). My steering rack is due for replacement as well.

I also dont think the ball joints have been replaced for a long time.

275rwhp/297rwtq

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #2

03 GT, 64 GMC

BA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant future

On my old car when i forgot to grease them it fragmented everywhere and eventually locked up the spindle on that side.

Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I'm a fucking idiot. I'll do it with my sister.
64 GMC build
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 Mustang GT

Hmm. So you didn't put grease on the hub itself when you slid the piece on? Because thats what i didn't do.

275rwhp/297rwtq

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

2000 GT 'vert

bigjohnstud4200 is a glorious beacon of lightbigjohnstud4200 is a glorious beacon of lightbigjohnstud4200 is a glorious beacon of lightbigjohnstud4200 is a glorious beacon of lightbigjohnstud4200 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BigSmith View Post
Hmm. So you didn't put grease on the hub itself when you slid the piece on? Because thats what i didn't do.
You should grease the spindle but the actual hub is greased and sealed.

CMS Stage 1 Cams, 4.10 Gears, TrickFlow 70mm TB & Plenum, MAC Prochamber with Pypes M80's, MGW Shifter, Custom Paint, Cobra Cloth Top, Staggered Chrome 18" Saleen's and Sequential Tails.
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

'06 CBR1000rr
10's in th 1/4

Jason4.6GT is a glorious beacon of lightJason4.6GT is a glorious beacon of lightJason4.6GT is a glorious beacon of lightJason4.6GT is a glorious beacon of lightJason4.6GT is a glorious beacon of lightJason4.6GT is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigjohnstud4200 View Post
You should grease the spindle but the actual hub is greased and sealed.
+1

DD: 2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Leveled, 35x12.50's. 4 inch exhaust, EGR delete, S&B intake.

Toy: '06 CBR1000rr - A whole bunch of shit, it hauls ass.
Old September 21st, 2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Jason4.6GT View Post
+1

Hmm i forgot to do that on the side that the vibration is coming from. It doesn't sound like that would be the issue though.

275rwhp/297rwtq

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.