starter removal
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang GT
13.58 @ 102.31

njstang has a spectacular aura aboutnjstang has a spectacular aura about

starter removal

ok so i know its a PITA to do and ive searched a little on here and havnt found much. i removed the bottom bolt, and the top one that is above the terminals, apparently there is 3 on the starter? i cant find the 3rd one, am i just retarded or is it hidden?
http://njnewedge.forums-free.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Regular

1999 Mustang GT

Saleenssc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Saleenssc14

its AAAALLLLLLLL the way on top a bitch to find it
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:07 PM   #3
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

zinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud of

Use a 1/4" ratchet with I think it's 12mm socket. It's on the very top and if you feel around with your fingers, you'll find it.

Make sure the ratchet has alot of clicks though. You'll only be able to turn it slightly so every click helps. I found this the easiest way after having to take it out 3 times now.
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:17 PM   #4

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Remember to remove the negative from the battery. Kind of a basic step but it's important.
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

99' Mustang GT
3214@OVER 9000!!!

mrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to mrsinister2424 Send a message via MSN to mrsinister2424

Just use a 12" or 16" extension, you should be able to get at it from the front.... I think.

99' Rio Red Mustang GT: --My Garage--
Check garage.

Vortech V-1 intercooled running 9lbs of boost

Life= eat, lift, eat, eat, eat, sleep, repeat
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang GT
13.58 @ 102.31

yeah battery is disconnected, i have 18" worth of extensions and a universal, and i still cant get to it, im trying to come in from the front, gap where the motor mount it but i cant get the right angle to get on the bolt. im using a 1/2" drive

Old February 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

99' Mustang GT
3214@OVER 9000!!!

mrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to mrsinister2424 Send a message via MSN to mrsinister2424

Hmm, I didn't have a problem getting to it from the front, but then again my engine was jacked up a few inches off the k member.

99' Rio Red Mustang GT: --My Garage--
Check garage.

Vortech V-1 intercooled running 9lbs of boost

Life= eat, lift, eat, eat, eat, sleep, repeat
Old February 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM   #8

zinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zinc02GT View Post
Use a 1/4" ratchet with I think it's 12mm socket. It's on the very top and if you feel around with your fingers, you'll find it.

Make sure the ratchet has alot of clicks though. You'll only be able to turn it slightly so every click helps. I found this the easiest way after having to take it out 3 times now.
^
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM   #9
Regular

2004 Mustang GT

qwick04gt is on a distinguished road

i had that motor mount unbolted and the motor jacked up a little

4.10s,sfc,o/r x,lts,cai,70mmtb,plenium,30lb injectors,svt focus pump,hitech stage 2 cams,beehive valve springs, stage 2 clutch, borla stinger cat back, and a short throw. pampered with mobil 1 5w20.
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM   #10
!FACEPLATED!

2002 Mustang GT
7.84 @ 86.01

F8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to F8L GT

NJ, if you have about a 24" extension you can go right through the crossmember and get it from the front.

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Old February 21st, 2009, 07:08 PM   #11

BakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424 View Post
Just use a 12" or 16" extension, you should be able to get at it from the front.... I think.
+1 go from the front right thru everything. Need alot of extension tho.

4.75 MMR 900se
Livernois ported heads
HP 292s blower cams
Procharger D1sc at 20+ psi
IW 15% OD pulley
(and more bolt ons)
E85

Tune/numbers coming shortly!!
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM   #12
Enthusiast

2002 MUSTANG GT
14.2@100

03gtfirered is on a distinguished road

i used a swivel and about a 12'' extension and went in from the front, worked like a charm. the bolt hole for the third bolt broke on mine so i no longer have a top third bolt. it starts like a charm lol

summit racing catback, bassani o/r x pipe, RAM HDX,jlt intake, mach grill delete, tinted headlights and tail lights!!

Originally Posted by TwirtleNutZ270 View Post
Dude not having a tuner is kinda like having a cake without a fork.
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:18 PM   #13
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang GT
13.58 @ 102.31

yeah the thing is that my nut for the xpipe is cross threaded on the stud so i cant completely take off that side of the x pipe so jacking up the motor might be impossible. im trying to remove the starter (1) to give me room to get my dremel tool up there to cut the stock nut/stud off and because i need to get it off to put my new headers on. with the 1/4" drive i couldnt get it on the nut due to the x pipe being there. im going to unbolt the motor mounts and try jacking the motor an inch or so and hope that i can get to the damn top starter bolt. ugh i hate my car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: starter removal
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starter solenoid clicks at the starter but wont start the car?? 95StangSVT 94-95 14 March 7th, 2013 12:56 PM
Starter Removal. RAGEman 99 - 04 14 April 5th, 2008 12:18 AM
starter help?? Quicktime_GT Modular Mustangs 0 January 13th, 2008 12:37 PM
starter help please??? lwhitetrash88l V6 Mustangs 2 June 1st, 2007 12:18 PM
Starter or Starter Relay cobralini 5.0 Mustangs 7 August 3rd, 2006 06:34 PM