Modded Mustang Forums banner

exhaust tips

3K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  mrsinister2424 
#1 ·
ok guys i need some opinions. well i want to get some chrome exhaust tips for the car but can't decide what size to get. 3.5? 4? i'm not sure if 4's will look too big?

#3 ·
Eh, I personally think 4" is too big.

No **** :shiftyeyes

#5 ·
How big are the stockers? I would say go with a 4" as long as they are double walled like sinisters' tips, that way the ID is still around 3.5". Otherwise go with a 3.5 OD tip.

Sinister, your tips look awesome. Got a link to something like them?

#6 ·
3.5" slash cut's are the way to go IMO.

#10 ·
Hey mr. sinister or whoever.... where can i get those exact tips from? ebay? website? let me know. I want em. 4"

#14 ·
How big are the stockers? I would say go with a 4" as long as they are double walled like sinisters' tips, that way the ID is still around 3.5". Otherwise go with a 3.5 OD tip.

Sinister, your tips look awesome. Got a link to something like them?

Stockers are 2.5 I believe. With any other tip I'd say 3.5 is the way to go. However, 4" slashcuts look good on a termi :D

Loud pipes save lives?
Never heard the phrase? You'll see it on bikes all the time. Its true :)

Hey mr. sinister or whoever.... where can i get those exact tips from? ebay? website? let me know. I want em. 4"
They are kinda like that. Mine are angled, those look straight cut. Those look shorter than the ones I had. And mine should have been a little longer. Shoot for about 10", they'll be more expensive, but they'll look better than those short ones.

Check your pms fool.

#19 ·
3.5. Or 4 if its like sinisters. And it has to be slashed. Ive seen just straight tips and it looks like complete ass. Just my opinion. I got pics of my 3.5 on my gt i had if anyone wants to see
I hate straight tips man.

Mr.Sinister your car is what my car strives to look like. And to think a few months ago it looked like a POS with those 05 rims no offense

Hehe, its all a journey brother. Surprised your remember that. But yeah, looking back they don't go with the car nearly as well as these do. However, free wheels, are free wheels :D

I think I'm done with the car now though. I think its just to the point where if I did anything else to it(not that I want to) it'd look over done.

#20 ·
I hate straight tips man.

Hehe, its all a journey brother. Surprised your remember that. But yeah, looking back they don't go with the car nearly as well as these do. However, free wheels, are free wheels :D

I think I'm done with the car now though. I think its just to the point where if I did anything else to it(not that I want to) it'd look over done.
Me too

#21 ·
thanks guys! well i decided to go with the tips sinister has. they're the 4in slash cut one's. i agree that if they're straight cut to go with 3.5. i can't wait to get them on! ugh 5 days for shipping is just too long lol!

#23 ·
#24 ·
i want some that are longer though. I dont really care for those short ones. I love the style but just want them longer. Know where they are?

#27 ·
haha nvm that was the same tip as what ur link was. idk why they don't make them in 4?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.