Problem..
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 15th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

Chris02 is on a distinguished road

Problem..

I took the lowering springs and camber plates to the shop. I THOUGHT..they knew what they were doing...it turns out I was wrong. They had absolutely no idea what to do with the stuff I gave them. They said " well, we are kinda confused, and don't really understand...the springs require some cutting and drilling..." ........what? haha

Anyways, I'm really confused. Obviously these guys are idiots, and I live on a small island in Canada. I don't think I'm gonna have much luck around here... lol. I thought about taking it to Ford.

How hard would it be to install the springs/camber plates myself? Along with someone else to help me out. Would it be very difficult? Has anyone ever tried to install these themselves? This option would save me some money, and I can't see how it would hurt; but if it's very difficult, I probably won't bother trying.

3.73's, JLT CAI, 91 SCT-X3 Tune, H&R SS's, MM CC plates, Dark smoked headlights/fogs, chin spoiler & grill delete

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Billy Weston

2003 Cobra
11.14@124.36

C MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to C MY 4D

It's not hard to do them yourself. I'm sure you can find a walk thru on google.

TT Build in progress.......

Need work done to your car for a great price in Hampton Roads? Shoot me a PM.
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

superbeef1000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to superbeef1000

it took me and my kid about 1.5 hours to install my springs , pretty simple job

Old November 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #4
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

zinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud ofzinc02GT has much to be proud of

Simple stuff, but you will have to get an alignment and it sounds like those folks are the people you do not need to take it to to get it aligned lol.
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Regular

Texas01GT will become famous soon enough

Me and my buddy used this link

Installing Mustang Lowering Springs

pictures for the bigger words
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

Thanks guys

3.73's, JLT CAI, 91 SCT-X3 Tune, H&R SS's, MM CC plates, Dark smoked headlights/fogs, chin spoiler & grill delete

Old November 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good walk through. You might as well upgrade your struts while you are in there. Just saying.
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #8
Regular

99 Mustang GT

Boost4Me is on a distinguished road

I concur. If you have the money, do the struts too unless you plan on going with Coil overs sometime soon.

Stroked and Blown
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #9
SlowFiveOh

2013 Mustang GT
11.05 @ 125

Supra is a jewel in the roughSupra is a jewel in the roughSupra is a jewel in the rough

Super easy job to do. Fronts are a little more time consuming, but the rears are easy as pie. It looked a little intimidating at first, but after I finished it I was happy I didnt pay someone to do it

SN95 Mustang Spring Install Tech 1979-2004 | StangNet
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #10
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

Yeah, I was thinking I should do a couple other suspension upgrades if I install these springs myself. Shocks,struts, control arms, etc. I don't really know how much more difficult those things are compared to springs, but I'd like to do what I can while I'm doing the springs...makes sense.

Old November 15th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #11
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

the struts are a cake walk. You already basically have them out except for 2 bolts.

Control arms and the K member can be a bigger task though.
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #12
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 mustang gt

00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt

springs are really easy after you do it your first time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Problem..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AC problem = Tune problem? SKRAPR 2005 - 2010 11 May 16th, 2009 01:29 AM
Transmission problem??? need help diagnosing the problem... Tmac3320 99 - 04 19 April 13th, 2009 01:58 AM
O Jesus! Problem After Problem! mustangmanic 99 - 04 94 March 28th, 2008 04:36 PM
umm have a weird problem? idle problem? blue03mach1 99 - 04 16 March 4th, 2008 01:03 PM
Big Problem Or Little Problem? wraitherx 5.0 Mustangs 17 November 21st, 2006 09:45 PM