Battery light???
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Regular

2000 mustang GT

Nostang is on a distinguished road

Battery light???

My battery light flickers or sumtimes even stays on under "heavy acceleration" batt stays charged, starts fine, replaced terminals, could it slightly be over charging? Would a high voltage make the light come on?? Thanks
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #2
mm's nitrous mod

2000 mustang gt
11.79@115.83 (old set up)

SWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud of

i had same issue, not sure what it is. mine went away after i put my udp's on. now that i am going back to the stock set up, i am wondering if it will do the same thing.

project warhorse under construction
wagon burner built! track times coming soon!(04 lightning)

being built by MP2 Performance
follow shop builds on facebook at: MP2 Performance
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1997 Mustang GT
11.01@128.32

Boostang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Boostang

forged pistons,teksid block and a romeo cast cranks for sale.. pm if interested..
selling them for next too nothing
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #4
Regular

2000 mustang GT

Originally Posted by SWEET2KSTANG View Post
i had same issue, not sure what it is. mine went away after i put my udp's on. now that i am going back to the stock set up, i am wondering if it will do the same thing.
Let me know if it does... It's not realy bothering me to much jus was making sure wasn't gona blow up my battery or any thing!!
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to 01KnightRiderGT

i had the same issue but after i changed my altenator it went away, i guess its letting you know your altenator is going.

Black Stang Member #13
315's Crew Founder

My Track Videos
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #6
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all

The battery light comes one when your not holding/charging the battery fully. Whens the last time you changed your belt? Id at least remove it and clean it, dirt and stuff can cause it to slip. If that doesnt help and your belt is in good shape it may be your altenator.

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

'02 GT 5spd

ZenMGT will become famous soon enoughZenMGT will become famous soon enough

^^^+1 - haven't experienced on the stang yet,,but on all my other cars, when the batt. light came on it was a charging issue,,usually too low,,and usually the alternator was the culprit. Or an external voltage regulator if we have one on these cars.
LZR RED CREW#15
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #8
Regular

2000 mustang GT

I have an underdrive kit and I think it's making my tensener go out it wobbles alot! When i hit 3rd I hear a a slight belt squek, the belt is brand new tho???
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #9
mm's nitrous mod

2000 mustang gt
11.79@115.83 (old set up)

SWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nostang View Post
Let me know if it does... It's not realy bothering me to much jus was making sure wasn't gona blow up my battery or any thing!!
not sure. my car was doing it on the stock pulley's when i was at 5k+ rpms and went away when i shifted to next gear.

Originally Posted by 01KnightRiderGT View Post
i had the same issue but after i changed my altenator it went away, i guess its letting you know your altenator is going.
i still on the the same alt. it is the factory alt as well.

project warhorse under construction
wagon burner built! track times coming soon!(04 lightning)

being built by MP2 Performance
follow shop builds on facebook at: MP2 Performance
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #10
Enthusiast

99 mustang GT

ForestGRN_Ghost will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nostang View Post
My battery light flickers or sometimes even stays on under "heavy acceleration" batt stays charged, starts fine, replaced terminals, could it slightly be over charging? Would a high voltage make the light come on?? Thanks
mine dose the same thing. been doing it since i had the car ...3 years ago.
alt hasnt quit. my radar detector has a battery voltage monitor. and it says my battery is fine. i dont think its the alt. because like i said its been fine for the last 3 years.
it only blinks under hard acceleration.
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #11
6.0L Sleeper

2008 G8 GT

slikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to behold

It could easily be a belt slipping slightly, dropping charge in the battery for a moment and causing the light to flicker.

Do your headlights or interior lights dim at an idle?
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #12
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 03_StangGuy View Post
The battery light comes one when your not holding/charging the battery fully. Whens the last time you changed your belt? Id at least remove it and clean it, dirt and stuff can cause it to slip. If that doesnt help and your belt is in good shape it may be your altenator.
Originally Posted by slikirish View Post
It could easily be a belt slipping slightly, dropping charge in the battery for a moment and causing the light to flicker.

Do your headlights or interior lights dim at an idle?
Like i said clean the belt if its in good shape before you start spending money.

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #13
Billy Weston

2003 Cobra
11.14@124.36

C MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of lightC MY 4D is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to C MY 4D

I would check the diode ripple. More than likely a diode is starting to fail.

TT Build in progress.......

Need work done to your car for a great price in Hampton Roads? Shoot me a PM.
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:48 AM   #14
MM Fanatic

2000 GT

RyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the rough

When my alt crapped out last month it did same thing. But it didn't blink it stayed on.

So i would go with what the other people said, check for belt slippage. Or a loose pulley, and bad tensioner should be replaced even if not the problem. I had one rip out of timing cover before... that was not fun.
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:09 AM   #15
Regular

2000 mustang GT

I was messing around with my buddy in his gto last night and noticed when I hit it around 4500-5000 to red line it would flicker and my head lifts would dim.. So tommarow I'm gona change that tensioner and see what that does!
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #16
Enthusiast

2000 mustang GT

95BlackStang will become famous soon enough

this is really weird mine does the complete opposite of wat you guys are saying, it usually comes on after i drive it for about 15 mins then everything goes dim and the needle drops to like 1/4 but when i accelerate to about 4-5k it turns off and everything gets normal

00 GT with the heart of a green machine!
99 Electric Green GT R.I.P.
95 GT vert....my first love sold!

Originally Posted by BaznastyDave View Post
99-01 Cobra bumper with Mach spoiler and make all the girls panties wet.
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #17
6.0L Sleeper

2008 G8 GT

slikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to beholdslikirish is a splendid one to behold

that sounds like the alternator is going out. Not charging except when in the upper RPMs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Battery light???
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery light Megawatts88 V6 Mustangs 23 September 4th, 2010 04:34 PM
Battery light on? 03_StangGuy 99 - 04 5 June 15th, 2009 04:27 PM
battery light? ZoomZoomMFer 99 - 04 6 April 16th, 2009 01:02 AM
Battery light DblAughtGT 99 - 04 0 April 13th, 2009 12:05 PM
Battery light? 93HatchsBFF 5.0 Mustangs 6 November 29th, 2008 03:43 AM