Negative camber, ways to fix?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #1
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much

2005 Mustang GT

Dolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really nice

Negative camber, ways to fix?

Had a buddy that works at the stealership come over last night. he was checking the progress on the car. im needing to get my front end aligned pretty seriously. Well last night he taught me a pretty cool trick that i hadnt thought of, and im sure alot of you know this already but for those that dont....

If your worried about your cars front tires "toeing" in, you can take a tape measure and measure center of the tire to the center of the tire on the front side of the tire and on the rear side of the tire. these two measurements should be basically identical.

mine started out 1.5 inches different so i got them pretty close to perfect last night. now i need to adjust the negative camber. i know caster camber plates will help this alot! i was wondering, would i be able to get it basically aligned myself so that when i take it to the stealership all they have to do is set it on the machine and tweak it slightly?

Also, found this one kinda funny. i've got my front bumper off right now for painting, and my buddy told me i better leave it off because with it on they cant get it onto their machine?! its tooo low!!! haha
MM + Cleavage member #22

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Abyssinian of AX

'02 Saleen
19.34@42.259

Jazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant futureJazzer The Cat has a brilliant future

You can take your car to any local tire installation shoppe and can align it as well. As for addressing neg. camber, you can go CC plates as the best way. The second way to get a degree or two, is camber adjustment bolts.

Jazzer

Un-Official Suspension Guide | Choosing a new tire | Brakes upgrade ~ Speeding up slowing down | T-3650 ~ T-56 swap | Tire and Wheel Fitment Guide | The Kitty makes front page news
Originally Posted by dr.gonzo! View Post
It would still be fun to have a truck that poops speed bumps in fast succession.
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #3

2005 Mustang GT

Dolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really niceDolbs4082 is just really nice

My buddy that works at the stealership said he could prolly do it some night after work for free. haha, but i want to get all the parts installed (by me) before we even start aligning.
MM + Cleavage member #22

Old March 5th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

99 limited edition vert

limited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dolbs4082 View Post
Had a buddy that works at the stealership come over last night. he was checking the progress on the car. im needing to get my front end aligned pretty seriously. Well last night he taught me a pretty cool trick that i hadnt thought of, and im sure alot of you know this already but for those that dont....

If your worried about your cars front tires "toeing" in, you can take a tape measure and measure center of the tire to the center of the tire on the front side of the tire and on the rear side of the tire. these two measurements should be basically identical.

mine started out 1.5 inches different so i got them pretty close to perfect last night. now i need to adjust the negative camber. i know caster camber plates will help this alot! i was wondering, would i be able to get it basically aligned myself so that when i take it to the stealership all they have to do is set it on the machine and tweak it slightly?

Also, found this one kinda funny. i've got my front bumper off right now for painting, and my buddy told me i better leave it off because with it on they cant get it onto their machine?! its tooo low!!! haha

adjusting the toe-in this way is fine as long as the tie-rod is parallel to the rack, if it isn't you could suffer from bumpsteer. If you have obvious camber issues you more than likely will need cc plates
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #5

2005 Mustang GT

I've got pretty bad camber problems, so i've been weighing my options on the different cc plates. im also looking at getting a set of the offset rack bushings.

would you suggest i just get the bumpsteer kit or will the offset rack bushings help me out for the most part?
MM + Cleavage member #22

Old March 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #6
MM Fanatic

99 limited edition vert

limited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dolbs4082 View Post
I've got pretty bad camber problems, so i've been weighing my options on the different cc plates. im also looking at getting a set of the offset rack bushings.

would you suggest i just get the bumpsteer kit or will the offset rack bushings help me out for the most part?
I used the rack bushings and they work great for me. I have the eibach pro kit(coupe springs in a vert) so about 1 3/4" lower
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #7

2005 Mustang GT

i've got H & R ss springs on mine, with the front isolators out so theres about 1 finger between my tires and my fender. (its SLAMMED)
MM + Cleavage member #22

Old March 5th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to 01KnightRiderGT

Get This

Black Stang Member #13
315's Crew Founder

My Track Videos

Last edited by 01KnightRiderGT; March 5th, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #9

2005 Mustang GT

Thats a great idea man! i just got my check... only 22 hours over time. buuuuut i gotta guy buying my amp tonight so i should have enough cash.
MM + Cleavage member #22

Old September 12th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #10
Look Ma! My First Post!

75 hatchback is on a distinguished road

I have a '75 mustang 2 and the engine weight is making the tops of my suspension towers lean inward, I took it to get it aligned and they wouldnt touch it because they figured it would just sag again. anyone know what i can do to keep them where they belong?
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #11
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 75 hatchback View Post
I have a '75 mustang 2 and the engine weight is making the tops of my suspension towers lean inward, I took it to get it aligned and they wouldnt touch it because they figured it would just sag again. anyone know what i can do to keep them where they belong?
One of two things. You can get new strut towers welded in ($$$), or you can fab up a triangulated strut tower brace.

I'd go for something along the lines of the MM unit:

You want to put something up to resist the inward motion of the strut towers, but you also want to triangulate it back to the firewall.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Negative camber, ways to fix?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washed the car and took some pics and vids today :) Question on negative camber mrsinister2424 99 - 04 31 May 13th, 2009 09:27 AM
negative attention shanec The Clubhouse 37 March 15th, 2009 03:56 PM
Temperature is Negative 20 8t6gt The Clubhouse 25 December 22nd, 2008 02:29 AM
Negative Coil Wire terribleonexx88 5.0 Mustangs 2 January 9th, 2008 12:35 AM