Someone tell me how to aim my headlights!!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools
Old April 4th, 2010, 01:59 AM   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2001 Mustang GT
If you're not first you're last

Pittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pittbull
Exclamation

Someone tell me how to aim my headlights!!

I bought sone new headlights and I forgot to aim them so I almost died on the way home tonight SO can somebody please tell me how to aim headlights! I kno there's some kind of screws that u turn but I'm at a loss... A step by step would b GREATLY appreciated since I have to work tomorow night...

Stock Rear Springs FOR SALE! PM Me
Stock 99-04 GT Exhaust Manifolds FOR SALE! PM Me
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #2
Noob Slayer

2004 Mustang GT
13.82 @ 101.09

drazga97 has a spectacular aura aboutdrazga97 has a spectacular aura aboutdrazga97 has a spectacular aura about

pop your hood and turn the screws under the hood. pull up to a wall to adjust them and make sure both are even.

2003 Black Cobra 10th Anniversary 2.8 Kenne Bell Mammoth LC - Built SRA - T56 - E85 - Spray - Stock Longblock - True Forged Mach 5s
2004 Silver GT 5 speed - SOLD
MM Cobra Club Member# 97
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #3
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

trent2590 is on a distinguished road

well what kind of headlights did u get like dual projectors or oem replacement
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #4

2001 Mustang GT

Pittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to beholdPittbull is a splendid one to behold

Oem replacement. To b exact the dark smoked headlights from AM.
I just looked at them and they don't have the silver gear lookin thing that u turn.. These have a funky lookin thing on them.. :-/ anyone with the same type of headlights?

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #5
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

basically find that scree drive up reall close to a wall without hitting it put some colored tape in the center of where the lights show on the wall and pull back away from lights about 25 feet then aim your lights 2 inches below where you put the tape and your set
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #6
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

they actually wont have a screw they will have a slot for an allen wrench going toward the grill area of the car on the light of course
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:11 AM   #7

2001 Mustang GT

And how am I supposed to do that in the day time?

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #8
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

you should still be able to see maybe just find a white wall with a shaded area or something
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #9

2001 Mustang GT

Hmm.. Shit. Thanks for the info tho reps to ya both

Old April 4th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #10
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

yea no prob and thx
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #11
Too Soon, Junior!

03 GT Vert
15:43.28@25.21 Too many naked bitches in the back

asiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud ofasiansensation78 has much to be proud of

At 3:20 in this video, it'll run you through how to aim headlights and exactly where the adjustment screw is. On my headlights it's a pain in the ass to do it with a screwdriver so I just use a socket wrench.

Mustang Smoked Headlight - Video Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com

Here's an aiming height diagram. I usually like to have the car about 20 ft out from the wall and have the cutoff line for low beams about 2-3 inches above my headlights

Mustang/6-Series/Explorer/Cougar - 28 Cylinders

AmericanMuscle Gift Cards for sale!
Nitrous Switch Panel for sale!
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #12
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

Hawaiianbro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Hawaiianbro

I have the same headlights and there awesome but I didnt have to aim mine. They where pretty much set right after install.

guess i was just lucky.
B&M Short Shifter / Ford Heavy Duty Clutch / 3.73 gears / Nitto Drag Radials / Steeda CAI / Diablo Tuned / Mac LT Headers / Lethal Cated Xpipe / Pypes Exhaust / Smoked headlights and Tail lights / GT floor mats / PP 70mm TB / Accufab Plenum
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #13

2001 Mustang GT

yes you were!

i aimed them tonight, i used a screw driver to move them up so it worked out. thannks guys for the help!

Old April 6th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #14
Banned

2004 Mustang GT
12.35@114.08 w/ 1.88 60'

dcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to behold

Yep, glad to help...

Old April 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #15
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

lol^

no prob by the way
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

99' Mustang GT
3214@OVER 9000!!!

mrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to beholdmrsinister2424 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to mrsinister2424 Send a message via MSN to mrsinister2424

Just take em out and throw them on the ground, and put them back in. Works 60% of the time, every time.

99' Rio Red Mustang GT: --My Garage--
Check garage.

Vortech V-1 intercooled running 9lbs of boost

Life= eat, lift, eat, eat, eat, sleep, repeat
Old April 7th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #17

2001 Mustang GT

Thanks sinister! It's great knowing u only want the best for me and give me such wonderful advice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/159782-someone-tell-me-how-aim-my-headlights.html
Posted By For Type Date
How-To: The Compilation | V6Mustang.com This thread Refback October 30th, 2013 03:14 PM
How-To: The Compilation This thread Refback August 6th, 2013 11:12 PM
How-To: The Compilation This thread Refback February 10th, 2013 11:01 PM
How-To: The Compilation This thread Refback February 5th, 2013 11:36 PM

Threads Similar to: Someone tell me how to aim my headlights!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
converting my 85 LX headlights to the later model fox body headlights pd411 General Car Care & Detailing 0 January 11th, 2010 10:53 PM
projector headlights vs regular headlights BossOfDaRich V6 Mustangs 7 June 22nd, 2009 09:57 PM
AIM anyone? FM1R The Clubhouse 9 July 30th, 2008 10:34 PM
Aim. Dansby The Clubhouse 9 April 5th, 2008 04:02 AM
New AIM? Tony_90fox The Clubhouse 16 March 30th, 2008 01:34 AM