flowtech headers-Would you recomend them?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:07 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

SS Ball3r will become famous soon enough

flowtech headers-Would you recomend them?

Flowtech 12115FLT - FlowTech Headers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I just got my tax return and im deciding what i want to use it on. I think th epreice is pretty good, i just want to hear some reviews on these.

Will the tranny clear these headers?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #2
MM Fanatic

2003 Mustang GT
14.03@100

I8ACMRO has a spectacular aura aboutI8ACMRO has a spectacular aura aboutI8ACMRO has a spectacular aura about

F8L has them I believe. I'd run them too if I wasn't in CA

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-member-30498/

Originally Posted by RZNCAIN View Post
Drive the shit out of it and replace shit when it breaks. No point in having these things if we are going to drive them like a bunch of pussies!
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #3
MM Fanatic

2000 GT

RyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the rough

Yeah f8l has them and loves them for that reason, best trans clearance out there (or close to it). They will all clear manual trans, but some you have to loosen up the headers to remove the trans when they are already up.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #4
Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

realrider88 can only hope to improve

no man get mac headers best bangf or your buck with headers
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

Ok, so as long as i have amanual tranny it will clear any brand then?

I like the price, and i could care less about chrome. I will be wrapping them in header wrap anyways. Unless i get convinced otherwise, i will probably order them today then.

Would i need a retune to optamize these? im thinking yes...
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #6

2012 300a gt auto
10.78 @ 124.46

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SS Ball3r View Post

I like the price, and i could care less about chrome. I will be wrapping them in header wrap anyways. Unless i get convinced otherwise, i will probably order them today then.

a tune to run them? mabie, to get the most out of them? defenately. L/T's can usually be e-mail tuned though.

tuned & sponsored by JPC Racing
http://www.jpcracing.com/

2012 300a GT A6...............sold

2014 301a GT A6
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 Mustang Gt

SilverStang03 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang03

flowtechs are slip fit if im not mistaken. prone to leaks. i hear they are one of the "easier" set of long tubes to install, but id do mac if it were my money. not that much more, ya dig??
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #8
MM Fanatic

2000 GT

RyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the roughRyanGT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SS Ball3r View Post

These headers are such a pain to install i wouldn't recommend wraps. It will eat away your headers fast. Get ceramic for the best heat retention. The condensation the exhaust has with cool down will trap water in the wraps every time you cool down.

My z has an exhaust blanket, figured it can breathe a bit better since it isn't like individual wraps.

And a tune would help LT's, you need a tune to turn off rear o2's anyways (better than mils imo). And some cars require it because of the o2's being further away they become unhappy. Altho some have done LT's without that problem.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #9
Regular

1998 Mustang GT
13.046@107.49

cruizer will become famous soon enough

I have flowtech headers but I got the ceramic ones and I really like them. I've had them for two years now with no leaks or problems. Also they are made by Holly who also makes Hooker headers which are considered the best by many. And flowtech, at least the flowtech headers I got, are the exact same dimensions and sizes as the more expensive Hooker headers.

My Mark VIII and T56 swap
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

i wrapped teh headers on my old bimmer. Yeah it was a pain to install, and do just about everything else after that for a day and a half lol. The fiberglass just sucks. Im pretty sure the bimmer had less space then teh mustang does.

It doesnt look like they are slip fit form teh pictures though. I could be wrong though?
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 Mustang Gt

SilverStang03 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang03

might be hedman thats slip fit.....hmmmmm.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by SilverStang03 View Post
might be hedman thats slip fit.....hmmmmm.
The headmans are. I just looked at those too. Flowtech seems to be good quality. Iv had some of their exhaust products before, just never headers.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #13
MM Fanatic

2002 Mustang GT

PowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nice

well shit, if they clear the trans then I'm game and you can't beat the price. I KNow as soon as I install headers my clutch is going to go haha. thats just the way my luck goes..

I wonder if there is a flow comparison chart floating around somewhere on this world wide web.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #14
MM Fanatic

2002 Mustang GT

PowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nicePowerShiftz02GT is just really nice

actually, I just did a really quick search.. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...h-headers.html

And then the first few links on Google weren't too good either.

I may pass on these now. Still gotta do some more research. But I'm going to bed. I gotta get up in 6 hours. damn it.
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #15
Fastest 00' GT in Spain!

00 GT, 13 BMW 535i

wrecked2001 is on a distinguished road

I installedthe headers my self, dropped the K-member to do it (the best way to do it) They do the job. The only slip fit is two primaries to collector on the drivers side. The fit and finish was good. Only problems I could come up with was the slip fit did leak a little, but there is write up on other forums, you purchase a small band clamp and some red rtv and it fixes the problem. Also all the gaskets the headers come with are crap. I bought some soft copper seals for the heads and soft aluminum for the collector to X-pipe.

Last edited by wrecked2001; April 15th, 2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: info
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

Blackbird1084 will become famous soon enough

Hedmans have a ball flange i have a set that i have yet to install.
04 Mustang GT 12.19 @111.88 347hp 432tq 100 shot
06 Mustang GT 12.2929@114.30 2.01 60ft
MM Bracket Racing Crew Member #4
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #17
April 2012 ROTM

2002 GT, True Blue, Stick

wishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the roughwishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the roughwishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the roughwishIhada5.0 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to wishIhada5.0

headers are a good time lol I know the BBK's wont clear the tranny unless you loosen em up...
True blue crew founder/member #1 Newest Project: 2010 Ram 2500 Cummins G56 RCLB Rollin' Coal Crew Founder
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #18
!FACEPLATED!

2002 Mustang GT
7.84 @ 86.01

F8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to F8L GT

I have flowtechs and love them. I have no problems at all with them JayC is also running flowtech headers. Unless you are running stainless headers, dont wrap them. The wrapping will hold moisture and rot out the tubing and you will never know until it is already gone. Been there done that(not on this car). Just get a good set of gaskets when you put them on. They are a 3 bolt flange collector. I also had no fitment issues with them at all besides the typical. If people think your just going to take something like a header and just throw it up and bolt it on with no issues, then they are wrong. Anytime you have something with that much welding, things are going to warp a little. Its typical with any header. I would recommend these. Hell I just changed my clutch without even touching the headers

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

there are no slip fit connectors as was states above are there?

I mean, for the price, they look really nice. I would probably repaint them with ceramic paint if i didnt wrap them then.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #20
Banned

2004 Mustang GT
12.35@114.08 w/ 1.88 60'

dcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to behold

How are MACs for trans clearance? Everyone seems to be on that bandwagon lately (including me)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/161375-flowtech-headers-would-you-recomend-them.html
Posted By For Type Date
are flowtech headers good - Google Search This thread Refback October 26th, 2011 09:25 PM

Threads Similar to: flowtech headers-Would you recomend them?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flowtech headers kyle2002stang! 99 - 04 10 February 24th, 2010 10:24 PM
Flowtech Headers F8L GT 99 - 04 36 January 18th, 2009 10:55 PM
Flowtech Headers 00vabchgt General Tech 4 March 3rd, 2007 08:17 PM