TKO-500 that is stuck in gear for $250?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Mechanical Engineer

2006 Mustang GT

nathanielwilliam is on a distinguished road

TKO-500 that is stuck in gear for $250?

Just saw a TKO-500 for sale on craigslist.

"Husband's transmission from a mustang. He has already relocated for job and we are selling car. Transmission is TKO-500. Originally $2200 five years ago. Was stuck in one of the gears and he just never took it in to be repaired. Need to sell so make an offer."

they want $250 OBO.

My transmission needs rebuilt soon because the synchros are bad and since i was wanting to SC my car i was wanting to do the transmission right. I know this transmission will need rebuilt probably but it should be better to rebuild it rather than my tr3650 right?

what do you guys think? I'm about to go look at it and maybe offer $200. anything i should look for to make me run away? also, what would cause it to be stuck in gear? shifting forks? maybe worse?

2006 Mustang GT
Pacesetter Ceramic L/T's
Pacesetter H-pipe
FR hot rod cams
FR Intake manifold
FR500 exaust
Hurst Competition Plus Short throw.
JLT CAI

2002 F-150

Sold:
2001 Mustang GT (miss this one)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #2
ajm
Banned

ajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud of

If youve got the extra money may as well.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
13.538@101.72 before cams&slicks&gears

SteviGX will become famous soon enoughSteviGX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SteviGX

If it is just a wrist pin or something simple (even though transmissions never are) it would definately be worth it. That is if the syncro's and everything end up being fine. Either way, you should find out what 5th gear ratio it is.

Mineral Gray Club Member #2

Just your average 22 year old dumbass

If you didn't build your car, and your bragging about it, STFU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: TKO-500 that is stuck in gear for $250?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T45 to TKO 500 Swap Questions 96Snaker 4V / SVT 4 August 25th, 2009 08:09 PM
TR6060 vs TKO 500 06GTMustang89 2005 - 2010 5 April 27th, 2009 03:51 PM
Got AmericanMuscle.com Gear? Show us your pics and win $250 in prizes! AMNick American Muscle 0 December 11th, 2007 05:14 PM
Stuck in 5th gear xNOILABOYx V6 Mustangs 2 September 9th, 2007 03:03 PM
TKO 500/600 transmission in '72 Mach1 (w/460 CJ)??? Mustang Gregg Classic Mustangs 2 January 16th, 2007 08:53 PM