Theft Light Flashing After Pulling The Motor And Car Wont Start. Help
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Regular

tkrizzy3 is on a distinguished road

Theft Light Flashing After Pulling The Motor And Car Wont Start. Help

Hey guys, just put the motor back in, and now when i go to start it it cranks and will never fire up. The theft light is blinking rapidly on the dash, could this have anything to do with it? if so what can i do to fix it? Also, some o2 sensors are not connected in the exhaust pipes yet, as i dont want to continue till i can make sure the car will at least run. We pulled the motor and upon putting it in ran into this problem. Anyone know any way to reset the PATS system, or how to disable it? or is the theft light supposed to be blinking? havent had the car running for over a month so i forget if that happened when i usually started it up. But, i dont think it did. ANY help is appreciated!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Bullitt
12.25@110.4

Bullitt5339 is a glorious beacon of lightBullitt5339 is a glorious beacon of lightBullitt5339 is a glorious beacon of lightBullitt5339 is a glorious beacon of lightBullitt5339 is a glorious beacon of lightBullitt5339 is a glorious beacon of light

You tripped the PATS system, that's why the theft light is blinking. Did you swap out the ECU or gauge cluster with the engine? They must be matched together.

I had a shop install an aftermarket alarm and remote start into my old GT, and somehow they triggered the PATS while installing the remote start, and the only way to get the car to start was to take it to the dealer and have the PATS reprogrammed. I could have gotten it tuned and disabled PATS in the tune and started it, but they screwed it up, so they paid to get it fixed at the dealer.
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:53 PM   #3
Regular

tkrizzy3 is on a distinguished road

well i did not swap out ecu or gauges put i figured thats what happened with the pats system. Only way to fix it is go to a dealer? is it possible to have a locksmith do it?
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:17 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

2004 Mustang GT
12.85 @ 114

0949er is just really nice0949er is just really nice0949er is just really nice0949er is just really nice

dealer or a hand held tuner

MODS:

Vortech V1 T-Trim @ 7.5 PSI (tuned down)
Comp Cams XE270-AH
+ See Garage

432 rwhp / 396 rwtq 02/27/2011
NEW VIDEOS!
**It takes ~$60 a rwhp (over stock) for a 99-04 Mustang GT.** Do the Math
PLANS ON HOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Theft Light Flashing After Pulling The Motor And Car Wont Start. Help
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anti Theft System-Car Wont Start 03GT_Hybrid Modular Mustangs 12 May 29th, 2013 03:32 PM
Put diablo chip in now theft light flashes and car will not start what do i do? cderop89 99 - 04 5 June 7th, 2010 05:10 PM
Car wont start Theft light on **HELP** PapaSmurf 99 - 04 4 September 27th, 2008 09:28 PM
Finished My Swap Now Theft Light's Flashing and She Wont Start 68 dlxcoupe 96 - 98 6 April 1st, 2008 09:36 PM
help-- flashing theft light General Tech 20 February 16th, 2006 11:21 PM