4 Point Harness Install Without Harness Bar
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #1
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

AggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really nice

4 Point Harness Install Without Harness Bar

I'm trying to install some 4 point harnesses on my corbeaus and it says that you can run them without a harness bar. Has anyone installed them before? Where do you bolt them down?

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #2
June 2010 ROTM

Serlin is just really niceSerlin is just really niceSerlin is just really niceSerlin is just really nice

The part of the harness that goes behind the seat can (Should) not be angled down more than 45 degrees.
As far as where? not sure. sry.
My Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Msirlin
My Garage page: http://www.mitchsirlin.com/mustang/index.htm

Old September 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #3
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

AggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really niceAggieStang is just really nice

I heard it's because if you do it will injure your back if you wreck. The only points i've found so far are the points under the back seat where the old back seatbelts mount. Any other options?

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #4

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

there are no ligit options for an aftermarket shoulder harness other than a harness bar on a cage.
not only will you risk serious injury if you wreck your car, you'll look like a ricer.
if you feel it's time for something other than the factory seatbelts, its probubly time for a cage as well anyway.

tuned & sponsored by JPC Racing
http://www.jpcracing.com/

2012 300a GT A6...............sold

2014 301a GT A6
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #5
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

Any links to a cage you recommend?

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #6

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

here you go bro. very high quality & easy to install
Drag Race: 6-point, swing-out door bars, fixed harness mount [MMRB-7] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!
price aint bad either.

2014 301a GT A6
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #7
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

Thanks for the link. 2 questions:
-Will I still have my back seat?
-It's a daily driver, am I going to have to step over the cage every time I get in?

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #8

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

Originally Posted by AggieStang View Post
Thanks for the link. 2 questions:
-Will I still have my back seat?
-It's a daily driver, am I going to have to step over the cage every time I get in?
no you cant really use your back seat, for the cage to be legal at the track the harness bar needs to be welded in.
as to the door bars, they swing out or can be removed for d/d use of the car.

2014 301a GT A6
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #9
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

Originally Posted by casper gt View Post
no you cant really use your back seat, for the cage to be legal at the track the harness bar needs to be welded in.
as to the door bars, they swing out or can be removed for d/d use of the car.
So the harness bar on that cage would be fine? I don't need to use the back seat but it will still be there right? Not a big hole?

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:15 AM   #10
Regular

02 Mustang GT

Big Rob is on a distinguished road

Cages are SSIIIIIIIICCCKKKKK. Too bad i have little brothers and sisters and need my back seat >:O

But uhmm you can just get a harness bar to hook up the 4 point seat belts. A cage would be Siiiiick like i mentioned before lol. but if you aren't going hardcore track every weekend I'm sure you dont need it immediately and can manage with the harness bar.

I tried to hook mine up to the where the stock seat belts hook up to and It wasn't worth it man. I still have them connected because I dont wanna go thru the mission of having to remove those screws again. I DO NOT recommend that. Ima go harness bar route.
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #11
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

I don't want to do it twice so I think i'm going to do the cage.

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #12
Regular

02 Mustang GT

By "I tried to hook mine up to the where the stock seat belts hook" I meant the 4 point harness seat belts, not the harness bar. Either or, if you can afford the cage and can live without a functional back seat (which any Mustangs back seat is barely functional anyway) then do it. Post some pics when you're done.
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #13
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

I have a rear seat delete going in anyway. As long as I have something covering up the trunk I'll be fine with the cage. Reps to all btw. Keep it coming.

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #14
Regular

02 Mustang GT

This dude just posted up a thread about his, check it out if you haven't done so already. It looks so mean, love it.
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #15
WHOOP!

2002 Mustang GT
7.44@95 (1/8)

Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
This dude just posted up a thread about his, check it out if you haven't done so already. It looks so mean, love it.
I brought it back

2007 GT500 (Track)
2013 FRS (Daily)
2002 GT (RIP)
Old September 29th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #16
Enthusiast

02 mustang gt
6.92 @ 99 mph 1/8th

mounder27 will become famous soon enough

FYI i have seen the cross bar made in to a removable peice, i wonder if you call MM they can handle that for you or you can just have it custom fabbed for that
Old September 29th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #17
Hooo Ha Ha

1997 Mustang GT
10.11 @ 138 MPH

sharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to sharkbait

Yea id just get a harness bar and then use a 4 point harness. I like harnesses they make a car interesting

560rwhp 640rwtq @ 13psi
75mm Turbo 5.4 swap E85
#turbo2v

10.11 @ 138mph STOCK LONGBLOCK

www.JPCracing.com 410-729-0005 ext. 11

PM me if you need any parts or advice!
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #18
Banned

2004 Mustang GT
12.35@114.08 w/ 1.88 60'

dcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
Yea id just get a harness bar and then use a 4 point harness. I like harnesses they make a car interesting
If you do it that way you're risking serious injury if you roll your car. With a 4 point harness you can't scrunch down out of the way when the roof collapses. That's why if you do racing harnesses you should at least get a main hoop or a 4 pt. cage or something to protect your noggin if (god forbid) you decide people need to see the underside of your car

As for the question from the OP, you can get a lot of good cages from MM with a lot of differnt options. If you don't care if it's track approved, you can get a lot of the "inconvenient" parts of a cage to be removeable. Like the door bars and cross bar and stuff like that. I have a rear seat delete and just use my back seat to store crap (way too much crap at the momemt) so the cross bar and harness bar wouldn't matter, but swing out door bars would be nice. If I win the lottery or Pitt gives me a bunch of money, I'd do a six point MM rollcage with swing out/removeable door bars.
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #19
Hooo Ha Ha

1997 Mustang GT
10.11 @ 138 MPH

sharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant futuresharkbait has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to sharkbait

Didnt say it was safe...just that they look nice

560rwhp 640rwtq @ 13psi
75mm Turbo 5.4 swap E85
#turbo2v

10.11 @ 138mph STOCK LONGBLOCK

www.JPCracing.com 410-729-0005 ext. 11

PM me if you need any parts or advice!
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #20
Banned

2004 Mustang GT
12.35@114.08 w/ 1.88 60'

dcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to beholddcook_14 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
Didnt say it was safe...just that they look nice
A harness with just a harness bar is safer than a regular seatbelt in basically every situation except a rollover. I'm not saying the roof would automatically crush your head, I just know that when I rolled a car back in the day I was damn lucky because the roof crunched down to about mid-headrest.

With my racing seats and regular seat belt, I'm not moving laterally. The only direction I can move in those seats is forward, and that's what the seatbelt is for in an accident.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 4 Point Harness Install Without Harness Bar
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 point harness mount in a vert, no bar? YeloPony 99 - 04 21 May 10th, 2010 03:34 PM
harness bar sonic05gt 2005 - 2010 17 May 4th, 2010 09:41 AM
4 point harness seatbelt??? 91 fox 5.0 Mustangs 6 November 18th, 2009 08:40 PM
4 POINT!! It's POINT!! harness // hahaha Zippy wuz here riddlee josh The Clubhouse 19 July 27th, 2008 10:23 PM