Modded Mustang Forums banner

03-04 cobra eaton supercharger

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  neckbonekat 
#1 ·
alright i took a few days off with all the questions but i have another questionsi want to ask though . i've looked around on the search and i've seen that alot of people change the eaton supercharger for a whipple or keene ball. whats the difference between the two and how much more horse can a whipple or keene ball have over the eaton. also since the motor was already set up with a supercharger would i have to do anything to the engine to prep it for the whipple or keene ball if someone was to swap them out.

p.s. whats the problem or disappointment with the eaton supercharger.

--Thanks--

#2 ·
the roots type blower( eaton) sucks because it has like NO boost.

the whipple and the kenny bell
(keene ball :lmao )

are both twin screw type s/c ers that are more effecient and are able to produce more boost.

yea.. your going to need a new fuel set up and a tune in order to run either of those superchargers

#3 ·
when u say a new fuel set up what exactly is to be done and i noticed the laughing guy. im guessing you dont like keene ball.

#4 ·
You want some real advice ... get the car first ..

jk ...

Really man . if you want to kick some major arse .. get a F1R or YSI and have these twin screw's coughing in your exhaust fumes .. but to be more realistic a T trim or D1sc will more than give you what you're looking for at a much more affordable price.. esp on a cobra that can take the 600 rwhp without any major modding ....

the eaton is an inefficient blower... even ported .. and all that jazz .. it just doesn't get the power to the wheels in the same RPM range as these aftermarket blowers ...

#6 ·
noob said:
when u say a new fuel set up what exactly is to be done and i noticed the laughing guy. im guessing you dont like keene ball.
thats b/c you just tortured the name bro ....

#7 ·
ive seen it spelled keene ball before. it was on here actually, but ohh well names not that important if u know what somone means lol.

#8 ·
Its a KENNE BELL! And the M112 on the cobra is just an eneficent blower and the KB and Whipples will out power it by far and away! Being 16 though, I would not recommend you getting a Cobra because of insurence costs and well the temtation of running it hard!!

#9 ·
on the stock cobra i was also going to replace the s/c pulley if i switch to a whipple or so. will i still be able to do that or is there something else that takes that pulleys part?

#11 ·
ill be closer to 18 when i have enough saved to get one and be able to afford the mods i want. but still im sure i'll get screwed on insurance. do you guys have full coverage on yours or do you just have liability. And whats the whipple and kb superchargers usually cost for the ones that are compatible with this car.

#13 ·
yeah and i might afford a ferriari is 10 years if i save all my pennies. Seriously dude, i understand the questions you are asking but you need not worry about price of a single thing, except of a MUSTANG, buy one then worry about how much other things costs. Cause by the looks of it we might be in another war, great depression, and wearing ozone suits before you actually buy a mustang. So no telling what the prices will be on something by then lol

#14 ·
White99stang said:
yeah and i might afford a ferriari is 10 years if i save all my pennies. Seriously dude, i understand the questions you are asking but you need not worry about price of a single thing, except of a MUSTANG, buy one then worry about how much other things costs. Cause by the looks of it we might be in another war, great depression, and wearing ozone suits before you actually buy a mustang. So no telling what the prices will be on something by then lol
DAYUM :eek:

#15 ·
noob said:
ill be closer to 18 when i have enough saved to get one and be able to afford the mods i want. but still im sure i'll get screwed on insurance. do you guys have full coverage on yours or do you just have liability. And whats the whipple and kb superchargers usually cost for the ones that are compatible with this car.
Call Nationwide insurance when u get one, they cut me a deal thats 300-400 bucks less than all the other major ins. companies. I have full coverage on my cobra and 91 honda cuz they're financed.

#16 ·
White99stang said:
:funnah :lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.