Engine to Bellhousing bolt size
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Regular

2004 Mustang V6
heart of a 4V

brett22 will become famous soon enough

Engine to Bellhousing bolt size

What size are the bolts that connect the bellhousing to the engine of a 98 cobra(pretty sure the bolts are the same for all 4.6's). I bought 10mm 1.5 pitch bolts and they sorta turn in but don't want to force them if they are not the right size. I am using them to bolt my engine to me engine stand. I was almost positive the size I said was right but it doesn't seem so.
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:21 PM   #2
mm's nitrous mod

2000 mustang gt
11.79@115.83 (old set up)

SWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud of

i am pretty sure that is the correct size. you may try running a tap thru the block to see if there is just some debris in the holes.

project warhorse under construction
wagon burner built! track times coming soon!(04 lightning)

being built by MP2 Performance
follow shop builds on facebook at: MP2 Performance
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Enthusiast

ndfrspd can only hope to improve

man i would just go up to your local ford dealership and order the bolts or call and order them over the phone, i wouldnt try and match them yourself or buy them at a hardware store....
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:55 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

2003 Saleen S281

UnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to UnixHH

Main cap bolts are the same size. I used 4 main bolts to bolt the engine to the stand.

480RWHP 450RWTQ 15psi @ 15* on 91 octane
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang GT
10.58@144.21

40thAnnivGT has a spectacular aura about40thAnnivGT has a spectacular aura about

Pretty sure they are 13mm...not 10. But thats all I know haha

1996-04 Mustang Bellhousing To Block Bolt 65Mm Length, 5 Needed Per Car by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping! x5
1996-04 Mustang Bellhousing To Block Bolt 75Mm Length, 2 Needed Per Car by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping! x2
1996-04 Mustang Lower Transmission Block Plate To Bellhousing Bolt by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping! x2
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:06 PM   #6
MM Fanatic

2003 Saleen S281

UnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of lightUnixHH is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to UnixHH

its a M10 (10mm) size bolt (hes not talking about the bolt head, hes talking about the thickness of the threaded stock) i do not know the thread pitch though

480RWHP 450RWTQ 15psi @ 15* on 91 octane
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:42 PM   #7
Regular

2004 Mustang V6
heart of a 4V

Originally Posted by SWEET2KSTANG View Post
i am pretty sure that is the correct size. you may try running a tap thru the block to see if there is just some debris in the holes.
Yeah I think I may have to do this, some of the 4 bolts turn in farther than the others so it is prolly the right size but just not clean threads. I didn't want to screw any threads up since the block is aluminum.

Originally Posted by ndfrspd View Post
man i would just go up to your local ford dealership and order the bolts or call and order them over the phone, i wouldnt try and match them yourself or buy them at a hardware store....
Ford=to expensive, plus these are just for holding it to the engine stand, I will buy all new bolts when I have to hook up my new tranny to this new engine I'm putting in.

Thanks but just looking for the 4 bolts for the engine stand
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #8
mm's nitrous mod

2000 mustang gt
11.79@115.83 (old set up)

SWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud of

i went and got mine from advanced.

project warhorse under construction
wagon burner built! track times coming soon!(04 lightning)

being built by MP2 Performance
follow shop builds on facebook at: MP2 Performance
Old November 4th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Regular

2004 Mustang V6
heart of a 4V

cleaned the holes up with a tap and the bolts go in great now, will kept it on the stand sometime on friday
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Engine to Bellhousing bolt size
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine to Engine Stand Bolt size? 87StangGT 5.0 Mustangs 9 August 9th, 2011 07:37 PM
Bellhousing Bolt problem gloomshadow V6 Mustangs 7 October 24th, 2009 02:36 AM
Removing a %&#^@$ bellhousing bolt IronStomach 2005 - 2010 14 April 18th, 2009 12:39 AM
BOLT Size!!! sixxxshoooter 5.0 Mustangs 25 November 26th, 2008 09:40 PM
bolt size yankeestang 94-95 3 July 10th, 2008 03:37 AM