arp head studs vs stock replacement head bolts.
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Enthusiast

99 mustang gt
never @ 0

DegralDan is on a distinguished road

arp head studs vs stock replacement head bolts.

I haven't checked with my local dealership yet on the price of stock head bolts. what would they cost? arp studs will run about 250 from my local speed shop. are they worth the coin on a fully built n/a motor with nitrous? am I a douche for not searching first?
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Savage 2v

2004 Mustang GT
10.58@144.21

40thAnnivGT is a jewel in the rough40thAnnivGT is a jewel in the rough40thAnnivGT is a jewel in the rough

Get the ARPs
/end thread
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #3
MM Fanatic

2004 Mustang GT
12.88 @ 109.45 N/A

tbirdscwd is a name known to alltbirdscwd is a name known to alltbirdscwd is a name known to alltbirdscwd is a name known to alltbirdscwd is a name known to alltbirdscwd is a name known to all

ARP hands down, they are stronger and re-usable. The only downside is that you can't pull or install the heads in the car.

Borla "Stinger" Exhaust Vids
Old December 25th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #4
Procrastinator

2003 gt
5.4 32v on the way

DickH is a glorious beacon of lightDickH is a glorious beacon of lightDickH is a glorious beacon of lightDickH is a glorious beacon of lightDickH is a glorious beacon of light

I think its worth it just because they are reusable.
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #5
ajm
Banned

ajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud of

The arp's are stronger and reusable. On the other hand like someone above mentioned you cant pull the heads in the car. Soooo a quick few hour pulling a head, swapping heads, etc job now turns into a bigger mess all bc some studs. So in the end its up to you.

As for the price of the ford bolts theyre cheap. You can get the FMS head change kit for $100-110. Comes with head gaskets, head bolts, and few other misc things. If youre thinking "well I dont need the whole kit"...well thats the cheapest way to get them for the most part considering what you get for the price you pay. You can get the off the wall felpro bolts for $40 or so a set from the parts store, not sure what oem goes for for just the bolts. or you can pay 20-30 bucks more and get gaskets and all, even if youre not gonna use them it dont hurt to have extras
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #6
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 mustang v6 ;)
slow

stal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud of

the newer arp bolts have allen heads on top so you can pull them out with the motor in the car. i have not done it yet but i imagine it can be done.
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Regular

2002 Mustang GT

okstangpede is on a distinguished road

Arp bolts are the way to go. I did, they are expensive but worth it. Anybody who has rebuilt a engine or knows about rebuilding one will tell you the same.
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Regular

2004 Mustang Gt
13.17@106.7 1.8 60ft

sl04gt will become famous soon enough

The only way I can see them being worth it unless you plan on pulling the heads more than twice other than that a good set of arp head bolts should do it. my .02

couple of bolt-ons and bolt-offs
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #9
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

Jimmyc206 is on a distinguished road

I'll state right now that I haven't rebuilt yet but when I do I'll be using ARP. It leaves more options open if you do decide to build so that you're not re-buying parts down the road when/if you want to go another direction with you're build.

MM MILITARY CREW E3 USMC

Originally Posted by 01stangV6 View Post
haha no joke man....no joke.... driving that car is like saying "I have a vagina....and it gets used"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: arp head studs vs stock replacement head bolts.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock head bolts? Digsj7 5.0 Mustangs 11 September 21st, 2010 01:21 PM
arp head studs mystang0673 99 - 04 14 September 9th, 2010 10:29 PM
Head studs and main studs? tommy023gt 2005 - 2010 14 March 5th, 2009 01:22 PM
Stock replacement head lights FOR POINT SIX All Other Vehicles 3 May 5th, 2007 06:23 PM
Head studs Vs Head bolts turbong 5.0 Mustangs 2 November 29th, 2006 04:28 PM