arp head studs vs stock replacement head bolts. - Forums at Modded Mustangs
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
arp head studs vs stock replacement head bolts.

I haven't checked with my local dealership yet on the price of stock head bolts. what would they cost? arp studs will run about 250 from my local speed shop. are they worth the coin on a fully built n/a motor with nitrous? am I a douche for not searching first? Reliable
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Savage 2v
Get the ARPs
/end thread
post #3 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 02:27 AM
MM Fanatic
ARP hands down, they are stronger and re-usable. The only downside is that you can't pull or install the heads in the car.

Fun: 2004 Mustang GT
DD: 1994 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4

Borla "Stinger" Exhaust Vids
post #4 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 02:45 AM
I think its worth it just because they are reusable.
post #5 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 09:54 AM
The arp's are stronger and reusable. On the other hand like someone above mentioned you cant pull the heads in the car. Soooo a quick few hour pulling a head, swapping heads, etc job now turns into a bigger mess all bc some studs. So in the end its up to you.

As for the price of the ford bolts theyre cheap. You can get the FMS head change kit for $100-110. Comes with head gaskets, head bolts, and few other misc things. If youre thinking "well I dont need the whole kit"...well thats the cheapest way to get them for the most part considering what you get for the price you pay. You can get the off the wall felpro bolts for $40 or so a set from the parts store, not sure what oem goes for for just the bolts. or you can pay 20-30 bucks more and get gaskets and all, even if youre not gonna use them it dont hurt to have extras
post #6 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
the newer arp bolts have allen heads on top so you can pull them out with the motor in the car. i have not done it yet but i imagine it can be done.
post #7 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Arp bolts are the way to go. I did, they are expensive but worth it. Anybody who has rebuilt a engine or knows about rebuilding one will tell you the same.
post #8 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 01:55 PM
The only way I can see them being worth it unless you plan on pulling the heads more than twice other than that a good set of arp head bolts should do it. my .02

couple of bolt-ons and bolt-offs
post #9 of 9 Old December 25th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I'll state right now that I haven't rebuilt yet but when I do I'll be using ARP. It leaves more options open if you do decide to build so that you're not re-buying parts down the road when/if you want to go another direction with you're build.

2003 GT awaiting build. Just need to get off Okitraz and back to it

Originally Posted by 01stangV6 View Post
haha no joke joke.... driving that car is like saying "I have a vagina....and it gets used"
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page