Convertible top adjustments
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #1

1999 Mustang GT vert

foyboy is on a distinguished road

Convertible top adjustments

When shutting passenger side door, with window up, on my 99 GT convertible the window hits top. I have to make sure window is rolled down about 1/2 inch in order for door to shut without window hitting top. Is there any way to adjust top?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

newsatng is on a distinguished road

Dude never again with a convertible.

Seriously. I had leaks, window out of alignment. I couldn't even tell you where to start because you have to end up opening the friggin door panel which is a huge project.

2003 GT convertivle. I never let it see rain because of all this crap.
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #3

1999 Mustang GT vert

foyboy is on a distinguished road

I used to work as ASE certified technician at GM dealership and Chrysler. Never had to do any work on convertible top on any make of vehicle. Could take door panel off but don't think adjustment needs to be made on window. Just wondering if there is a way to adjust top towards drivers side about 1/4 inch or so.
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA

'01 Mustang GT Vert
'85 Benz 300TD

nileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to beholdnileppezdel77! is a splendid one to behold

I have the same problem on my driver's side. You can adjust the latch, but I know on mine, I can't adjust it far enough to make a difference. I also have a leaking back window, which sucks because apparently I need to replace the whole window to do anything about that. On top of all that, the passenger side strut rattles around while driving. I loved the convertible top when I got the car, but in 7k miles it's gone from awesome to rattle trap and it's really frustrating me. If you figure out how to fix the window at least, let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Convertible top adjustments
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convertible Window Adjustments sneezingfox 5.0 Mustangs 3 December 10th, 2007 10:57 AM
Tuning Adjustments Blackblurr_00GT 99 - 04 15 November 24th, 2007 12:07 PM
hood adjustments 95kystang Visual 1 June 23rd, 2007 06:16 PM
adjustments DragonFreak 96 - 98 1 May 20th, 2007 06:19 PM
IAC Adjustments Garman91 V6 Mustangs 9 May 13th, 2007 06:50 PM