proper tire rotation?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Regular

2001 Mustang GT

paqman is on a distinguished road

proper tire rotation?

Hey, just wondering what the proper tire rotation is on my 2001 GT. Ford manual says crossies, (Front passenger to rear driver, front driver, to rear passenger, then both rears straight forward, same side), but the haynes manual says just swap the fronts with the backs, same side.

My tires don't have directional arrows on them, so I'm assuming this tread pattern is ok to cross to the other side, but I was just wondering. Here's a shot of my tread, just in case you were wondering:

2001 Mustang GT
Magnaflow Exhaust
That's all folks...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

brokenweasel is a splendid one to beholdbrokenweasel is a splendid one to beholdbrokenweasel is a splendid one to beholdbrokenweasel is a splendid one to beholdbrokenweasel is a splendid one to beholdbrokenweasel is a splendid one to beholdbrokenweasel is a splendid one to behold

I'd say either is fine if you don't have directional tires. And those tires are fine rolling either direction. Go for the X rotation, then pictures of burnouts please.

Someone correct me, but are directional tires mainly for wet conditions? Someone told me that on a motorcycle it is important to get a set of tires so the tread matches up for better grip on wet pavement as opposed to mismatched tires.
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #3
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 Mustang GT
12.73@111.36

Eagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond reputeEagle2000GT has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of ultra high performance tires are directional and if you run the backwards, you're right, they don't shed water very well and are subject to hydroplaning.
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Regular

2001 Mustang GT

paqman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by brokenweasel View Post
I'd say either is fine if you don't have directional tires. And those tires are fine rolling either direction. Go for the X rotation, then pictures of burnouts please.

Someone correct me, but are directional tires mainly for wet conditions? Someone told me that on a motorcycle it is important to get a set of tires so the tread matches up for better grip on wet pavement as opposed to mismatched tires.
Burnout pics will definitely show up here the day before I buy new tires.

2001 Mustang GT
Magnaflow Exhaust
That's all folks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: proper tire rotation?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tire rotation DarkStang54 2005 - 2010 5 April 7th, 2009 09:45 PM
rotation fav chickenbot Chopshop 9 February 23rd, 2009 06:42 PM
Tire Rotation & Jack Stands IronStomach 2005 - 2010 24 August 4th, 2008 11:30 PM
Forged rotation? 07 STROKER 2005 - 2010 6 July 28th, 2008 06:16 PM