Modded Mustang Forums banner

Is a bigger throttle body a bad thing?

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  energiesource 
#1 ·
I have a stock gt, well basically, and i was wondering if i should go with the accufab 70 or 75 mm

#3 ·
well im eventually going to boost it, but if itll benefit me more right now with the 70 then i might just get that,

#12 ·
GTsetGO said:
i have seen where bbk tends to stick on the throttle. i would say accufab.
Yep this is very true...I ahve a BBK 75MM and it stuck one time...Then I took it home and did alittle at home remedy to it and it is all good now...

If money was no option I would have done accufab...

#14 ·
Smoothgrandmama said:
But is this 400$ bolt on worth the 7-9 hp?

You could do cams for 500$ and gain 30.......
You ahve to factor the price of the cam install in there as well...It would be close to $1K (that includes cost of cams) if you dont do it yourself...And its not an easy install...

#16 ·
Hit up Jerry at plenum1@sbcglobal.net he has real good prices on ported and polished TBs and plenums. I got a P&P MAC 70mm and a P&P ford plenum for $187 shipped from him.

His tb/plenum combos are dyno proven to make about the same power as accufab.

#17 ·
70mm accufab for sure.
even if you're boosting, 70mm is plenty... Kenne Bell actually recommends the 70mm for their 6-9psi kit.
on its own, the tb/plenum upgrade will not help you that much, but when you put other new components on such as CAI, exhaust, cams etc... you will be able to make use of the bigger tb, and over all in a combination of things will give you awesome results. def worth it imo.

#18 ·
ChrisJ said:
GTsetGO said:
Yep this is very true...I ahve a BBK 75MM and it stuck one time...Then I took it home and did alittle at home remedy to it and it is all good now...

Thats weird. Ive had my BBK 75mm tb/plenum on for about 2 months now and never had a problem with it sticking or anything.

What remedy did you do though, I may do it before something happens.

#20 ·
Massie02GT said:
ChrisJ said:
GTsetGO said:

Thats weird. Ive had my BBK 75mm tb/plenum on for about 2 months now and never had a problem with it sticking or anything.

What remedy did you do though, I may do it before something happens.
I adjusted the butterfly and trimed the gasket...

#25 ·
I actually ran a 70MM FRPP when I was N/A...And it worked great...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.