saleen supercharger kit questions?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM   #1
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

BC03 is on a distinguished road

saleen supercharger kit questions?

hey guys..im thinking about buying a intercooled saleen supercharger kit for my 03 GT...its either a series 1 or 2...hes gonna sell it to me for ~1k and it should b a pretty much complete kit...i know it comes with the blower, intake manifold, 66mm pulley, custom intake, intercooler, and should come with all piping and hoses i need...its still installed on his car thats why it should be a mostly complete kit...a few questions though: ive read up on the saleen kits, and i have seen that a MoSaleen idler pulley system is a must...is this true? also, i know i would bigger injectors and a SVT focus pump, would i also need a kb boost a pump? on top of the things ive stated is there anything else i need? also im assuming it should come with the appropriate MAF since the intake is included...another question...do the saleen kits come with a H/E as well...i forgot to ask him if his had one or not..if it doesnt do i need one? I have a tuner so thats not a problem...

the reason he is selling is because he blew his 2v recently with this kit on, because he said he had it tuned for methonol injection and he wasnt running any methonol and it blew when he raced another car on the interstate...he said the kit works perfectly fine and its the motor that tore up..is there a chance tht the blower could have been damaged?

thanks for any help guys!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:17 AM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 mustang v6 ;)
slow

stal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud ofstal94gt has much to be proud of

i would look to make sure it is a series 2 cause the series 1 was a m90 sc which is not worth putting on the car. also if it is a intercooled setup it will have a heat exchanger and a electric water pump. as for the fuel pump, i would go with a division x 340 pump cause it is cheaper and wont need a bap. maf you can go lots of ways, a slot maf, sct maf, lightning maf, and so on. it depends what you want to pay.

bone stock from the factory!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1999 GT 35th LE

99GT35thLE has a spectacular aura about99GT35thLE has a spectacular aura about

Whoever has this Saleen SC and is willing to sell it for a $1000 doesn't realize it's worth a lot more than what he's asking.

Drive it like you stole it
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

thanks stal94gt for thd advice....what size is the series 2? an m112? he told me he was putting 360hp to the wheels and i think 358 tq....so that over 400 crank...plus he said he had some bbk lt headers he would thtow in also...those numers i believe are sldo without heads cams...so thts at least about another 50 rwhp if i want it in the future...

he os starting to build a 4v so he has no need for alot of parts he has...im a college student so a brand new kb isnt a realistic thought for at least another 2-3 yrs...and i could always snatch up a cheap vortech kit for 1500-2000.. but even if it a series 1 m90...i love the whine and the instant boost from a pd blower...plus its my only car so i dont have to go over board with the power right now...but 350-360 to the wheels still isnt bad and it would put me on par or even a little ahead of a stock cobra right? i jus figured it was a good deal either way for type of blower it is..what yall think?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

volpestang will become famous soon enough

i was thinking about doing a saleen s/c but they dont make a lot of power for the money you need to put into it. i mean if your getting it for 1k then its a good deal. one guy who had a saleen s/c i dont know what series only made 310 hp on a stock engine with full bolt ons he made 390 hp. and 03-04 cobras make 400 plus to the wheels. but let me know how it goes im intrested to see how much hp you can make.
BLACK STANG CREW #199
Originally Posted by xXFallout View Post
If you can kill a zombie with it. Shit it's a winner in my book.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Regular

2000 ford mustang gt auto
--

miami gt is on a distinguished road

I think your car is badass.I ll say go for it !
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:15 AM   #7
MM Fanatic

99 limited edition vert

limited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to all

pull the blower off the manifold and check the IC and blower lobes for metal and condition. depending on how bad he blew it, you'd be suprised on how much metal makes it to the blower
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Regular

Roush

LilRoush is on a distinguished road

If he made 360, I would guess it's the M90... which isn't a bad blower if you aren't looking to ever make more than 400 rwhp out of the car. For $1000, you can't go wrong unless the blower itself is shot.

If you chose the Focus pump, you won't need a Boost-A-Pump with it. A Lightning MAF or something similar will suit you just fine. Most people over spend on MAF's thinking they need more than they really do.

You'll also need more than a handheld tuner after the intall.
1970 Mach 1 Show Car

2000 Roush V6 #5004 (Track/Street car): World's 1st M112'd V6 Mustang. Highest Hp/Tq M112'd V6.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:43 AM   #9
MM Fanatic

99 limited edition vert

limited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to all

your stock maf will work fine and just a bap on stock pump will work(KB kits use this set-up) ask him to include injectors and cai since he may not need them
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM   #10
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

thanks for the advice guys...i know ill need to take it to a tuner after install, i was jus sayin tht so someone wouldnt tell me i needed a tuner to load/write tunes...also i have about ~130k miles on my motor so i think when im ready to go all out in the future ill throw in a 4v cobra engine and tranny or a stroker...but thts a ways off...which is why i think this is a good kit for now....

also...VOLPESTANG, did he make 310 with the stock pulley? cuz this kit has the smaller 66mm pulley...

does anybody think i need the mosaleen idler pulley kit? i read tht not only does it help prevent belt slippage, which apparently these kits are prone to, but it also improves boost levels by ~1-2 psi...
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

volpestang will become famous soon enough

thats the guy he had a thread on another forum i read. im guessing he is using a stock pulley in that video.
BLACK STANG CREW #199
Originally Posted by xXFallout View Post
If you can kill a zombie with it. Shit it's a winner in my book.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM   #12
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

ok...thanks for the vid man... hopefully when i get it installed we can fet it right the first time..haha..i love tht sound though..!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM   #13
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

is it easier to install a kb bap or a an upgraded fuel pump? or which is better to have.?

again, any take on the mosaleen idler pulley kit?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 mustang gt

number1gt will become famous soon enough

Id get it, it would put you at a safe power level and would still make the car fun to drive, and I love the whine
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM   #15
Regular

Roush

LilRoush is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BC03 View Post
is it easier to install a kb bap or a an upgraded fuel pump? or which is better to have.?

again, any take on the mosaleen idler pulley kit?

I've always just upgraded the pump for my supercharged set ups.
In this case, one isn't really better than the other... both will get the job done for you.

If you don't have one, it's something you can add later if you do have belt slipping issues. Not sure exactly how much blower pulley contact there would be with a smaller blower pulley. I only have about 50% wrap on my 98's Eaton. I have a lot more on the 2000, but neither have slipping issues.
1970 Mach 1 Show Car

2000 Roush V6 #5004 (Track/Street car): World's 1st M112'd V6 Mustang. Highest Hp/Tq M112'd V6.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM   #16
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by LilRoush View Post
I've always just upgraded the pump for my supercharged set ups.
In this case, one isn't really better than the other... both will get the job done for you.

If you don't have one, it's something you can add later if you do have belt slipping issues. Not sure exactly how much blower pulley contact there would be with a smaller blower pulley. I only have about 50% wrap on my 98's Eaton. I have a lot more on the 2000, but neither have slipping issues.
thanks man, i might jus upgrade the pump...and if i have problems ill look into the mosaleen kit...hopefully i can get the injectors from him too and call it a day...
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM   #17
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by limited View Post
your stock maf will work fine and just a bap on stock pump will work(KB kits use this set-up) ask him to include injectors and cai since he may not need them
are u certain the stock MAF will work fine...how much HP is the stock maf good for?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:34 PM   #18
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

Is this the type fuel pump i would need?

99-2009 Mustang 255lph SVT Focus REPLACEMENT Fuel Pump | eBay
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM   #19
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

Anybody???

He also mentioned that i would need new set of intake gaskets...does anybody know where i can get these???
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM   #20
MM Fanatic

99 limited edition vert

Originally Posted by BC03 View Post
are u certain the stock MAF will work fine...how much HP is the stock maf good for?

stock maf at those power levels work fine. like i said earlier, the KB 9psi kit uses the stock maf and throttle body(most people upgrade to 90mm,but not required).

you can't blow what you can't suck so i recommend getting the 90mm and larger tb. I gained 1 psi when I upgraded my intake system(20hp?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: saleen supercharger kit questions?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions on tune for the saleen m90 supercharger? 1bad331 99 - 04 9 June 17th, 2011 07:38 PM
Help: Saleen Series 1 Supercharger Questions 3ricchu General Tech 4 August 15th, 2010 06:17 PM
Saleen Supercharger jdm2007 2005 - 2010 12 April 7th, 2007 02:52 AM
saleen supercharger 02steedagt Modular Mustangs 3 March 2nd, 2007 09:19 AM